Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best documentaries
Best documentaries
I won't post the videos on here because they will probably be taken down over time anyway and they make the thread too slow to load up sometimes even though this forum is pretty amazing at loading times in general in comparison to other forums.

We Were Here

This is a scary as fuck documentary about San Fransisco during the AIDS epidemic, some happy parts but most of it is just scary and sad.

Madness In The Fast Lane.

This is about two swedish twins, I won't tell you exactly what happens because it will ruin it for you if you decide to watch it, but they are the CRAZIEST people I've possibly ever seen on film. They are basically suicidal and the film shows them continually try and kill themselves and it tells the story about other things they did. They also killed a man.

Louise Theroux, everything he has ever done is amazing.

But in particular the Law and Disorder series was amazing. Also the one called "A Place For Pedophiles" also the ones about white supremacists and black supremacists and the westboro baptist church. I don't know why but he just seems to be better than other documentary makers at becoming friends with the people he films.

Additionally anything with david attenborough is usually amazing, not sure if i spelt his name right, just watching natural curiousities now and its fucking amazing.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Best documentaries
(March 5, 2013 at 12:43 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Louise Theroux, everything he has ever done is amazing.

Yeah, Louis Theroux is awesome.
Werner Herzog!

I need not say more!!!
(March 5, 2013 at 6:25 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Werner Herzog!

I need not say more!!!

Grizzly Man is one of my favourite documentaries.

Although I would just like to add to your comment...

Wim Wenders!

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
"Is its true"
Does Koyaanisqatsi count as a documentary?

If so I'll have the trilogy of Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqqatsi and Naqoyqatsi, they're all mesmerising and the Philip Glass soundtracks are as perfect as cinema music gets.
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)