Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Santorum wants a theocracy.
Rick Santorum wants a theocracy.
Atheist billboard exposes Rick Santorum for the theocrat he wants to be.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/big_t...r-boy.html
RE: Rick Santorum wants a theocracy.
(March 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Atheist billboard exposes Rick Santorum for the theocrat he wants to be.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/big_t...r-boy.html

Wow. It truly, deeply frightens me that we have such fundamental douchebags in governmental positions of power.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
I thought everybody already knew this.

The sap can't tell his elbow from his asshole, but he knows Jeebus speaks to him through one of those body parts.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
Thomas Jefferson would fucking bitch slap this asshole "WHAT PART OF NO RELIGIOUS TEST DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND YOU FUCKING PRICK!"
I'd love to see this douchebag get the republicunt nomination next time. Assholes don't get much bigger than Santorum.

I'm not sure that most people would find Santorum's quote as threatening or as menacing as you do.

To me, it's a wasted billboard. The message is neither clear nor compelling to its target audience.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
In other news: water is wet.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm)Faith No More Wrote: In other news: water is wet.

Yea I know but it still makes me sick after all the founders said about pulpit politics shit like this is still going on.
Is it sad that the only reaction I have to these types of stories is to roll my eyes and say no shit?
(March 7, 2013 at 1:12 pm)apophenia Wrote:

I'm not sure that most people would find Santorum's quote as threatening or as menacing as you do.

To me, it's a wasted billboard. The message is neither clear nor compelling to its target audience.

Yes it is. I don't know where you get this from. You think the organization who put it up didn't know what they were doing? I think you underestimate them because among atheists in America they are quite huge. You don't get big by putting out ineffective adds.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 783 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Atheists: Where are you? And who wants to know? Sanau 21 1284 March 29, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1543 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 627 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 2011 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2961 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump wants a transparent border wall... Rev. Rye 34 5993 July 18, 2017 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  No One Actually Wants an Equal Society InquiringMind 69 7977 March 21, 2017 at 11:31 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5512 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  This Is The System That Drumpf Wants To Minimalist 8 1480 September 6, 2016 at 3:53 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain