Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 12:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling people out.
Calling people out.
Just a passing thought of mine but I don't understand the no calling out rule, as long as the calling out is logical and inoffensive.
If someone has a thread and they make several illogical statements consecutively, including scientifically unsound, prejudice basically nonsensical statements I think they should be forced to stop before their thread basically turns into an underhanded non direct insulting match.
If people wanted to stop me and copy and paste my statements and interrogate me on anything I've said I wouldn't mind.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Calling people out.
The "no calling out" rule only applies if someone makes a thread in order to call someone out. Replying to them in their own thread (or in a thread to which they have responded) is fine.
(March 9, 2013 at 7:08 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The "no calling out" rule only applies if someone makes a thread in order to call someone out. Replying to them in their own thread (or in a thread to which they have responded) is fine.

What if you have to keep replying in that thread with the same questions they refuse to answer? Over and over.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

He's calling the staff out! Get him!

Angry Lynch Mob
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(March 9, 2013 at 7:10 pm)paulpablo Wrote: What if you have to keep replying in that thread with the same questions they refuse to answer? Over and over.
Then you're demonstrating that they are useless at actual debate. We can't (and won't) do anything about it though. I'd suggest if they are getting on your nerves, you just refuse to continue the conversation.
Circumnavigate the "calling out" part by simply asking a question releated to the subject previously discused by the individual which the individual could not resist but answere to.

And keep these simple, so there is no talking arround the point.

Like:

Do you support slavery?

Do you believe rape is only a trivial offence?

and so on....
(March 9, 2013 at 8:07 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(March 9, 2013 at 7:10 pm)paulpablo Wrote: What if you have to keep replying in that thread with the same questions they refuse to answer? Over and over.
Then you're demonstrating that they are useless at actual debate. We can't (and won't) do anything about it though. I'd suggest if they are getting on your nerves, you just refuse to continue the conversation.

Yeh I'm just going to never look at or reply to a thread made by mo66 until he answers my questions I IMed him.

Can i make a thread inviting people to call me out? or to ask me anything and to try and call me out on stuff?

Calling people out.
(March 10, 2013 at 5:11 am)paulpablo Wrote: Can i make a thread inviting people to call me out? or to ask me anything and to try and call me out on stuff?
Yes
Oh Tibs, please don't encourage people to make "ask me anything" threads. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm calling everyone out again. Mudhammam 29 4567 April 13, 2015 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Whateverist