Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All
Hi All
Hi all!

I used to be Atheist but embraced Islam in 2006 Alhamdulillah.

I wanted to check out this interesting site and was told I'd need to introduce myself!
Kudos given by (1): Dawud
RE: Hi All
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 12, 2013 at 10:04 am)Dawud Wrote: Hi all!

I wanted to check out this interesting site and was told I'd need to introduce myself!

Howdy.

What was the thing that made you believe?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
Welcome aboard, matey. So you've come in search of your roots have you? We get a lot of former atheists turned theists coming by. You must have a lot nostalgia for what you've left behind. That's perfectly fine! Come join us for a little comraderie and fellowship. I'll bet those were good times you had as an atheist, hey?

Don't worry, no one will try to convert you. Believe and let believe, for or against, I always say. May I propose a toast? To your new beliefs, may they always be a source of joy to you and everyone you meet.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
We are all atheists until whatever society we are born into poured their particular load of crap into our ears and told us to believe it. Some of us got better.
Welcome, from your resident Anglican.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Welcome Enjoy the forums
(March 12, 2013 at 10:04 am)Dawud Wrote: Hi all!

Ok, in all my time on various atheist websites it is rare that we get Muslims, But be warned that this is not a pre school venue where we always kiss and say nice things.

In my history of debate I see that skepticism is not label dependent. We may attack your claims, but that does not mean we are attacking you. We go after anything we don't find credible.

This is not for the shy or those with thin skins.
At some point I am going to say very mean, nasty and terrible things about your religion. I hope you have the presence of mind not to take that personally.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2160 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3931 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora