Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is everywhere but...
God is everywhere but...
I've been thinking alot lately about the minute little details that xtians get into to try to prove the existence of their god.

They say god is everywhere, but you cant see him anywhere unless you know how to look. Science proves god if you look at it through this particular lens or interpret it in this particular way.

I guess the point is that, if god is everywhere and in everything, shows up in science all the time, has left all these obscure little clues to his existence and readily opens the door if we only knock, then why is there even a discussion here? Isn't this god so obvious that we shouldn't even have to have this discussion?

I can't understand why, if this god is so obvious, the xtians try to find all these twisted, obscure ways to prove he exists. It seems a bit silly and self-defeating to me. If you have to work that hard to prove something exists and you still fail on an epic level, at what point do you start to question all of this nonsense and begin looking at real facts and evidence to find out what the truth really is?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
RE: God is everywhere but...
(March 12, 2013 at 2:43 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: I guess the point is that, if god is everywhere and in everything, shows up in science all the time, has left all these obscure little clues to his existence and readily opens the door if we only knock, then why is there even a discussion here? Isn't this god so obvious that we shouldn't even have to have this discussion?

You've closed your heart to god, like duh, obviously.
......the place you happen t be looking at any given moment, much like your keys - I wonder how many people find god at the exact moment that they find their keys?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
God is everywhere...but is part ninja.

God is everywhere..but is like cat farts you cant see it and it smells a bit fishy.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

God is everywhere.
Everyone has a cell-phone with a camera nowadays.

No videos of god on youtube.
(March 12, 2013 at 2:44 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 12, 2013 at 2:43 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: I guess the point is that, if god is everywhere and in everything, shows up in science all the time, has left all these obscure little clues to his existence and readily opens the door if we only knock, then why is there even a discussion here? Isn't this god so obvious that we shouldn't even have to have this discussion?

You've closed your heart to god, like duh, obviously.

Silly me!!! I simply forgot that I need to go to my friendly neighborhood Godtometrist and get some Jesus Glasses!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
honestly why is it sooo terrible for you theists to be a 'monkey'? I myself like the idea of being an animal..
Quote: if this god is so obvious,

[Image: Where%2527s+Jesus.jpg]

It an unending game with those clowns.
What sort of evil god would handicap each succeeding generation with more and more knowledge that points to its nonexistence than in previous times?

Seriously...

God certainly used to be everywhere, in all the good and the bad. He was responsible for disease, earthquakes, famines, floods, storms, etc. And also in bumper crops, great weather, in peace, in health. It was easy to believe in a god that was so obviously responsible for all that.

Each time some phenomena that was previously explained by 'God did it' becomes explainable via natural processes, we become more and more handicapped.

How is it not evil that God would select some to be chosen to be thick, & others to be cursed with a skeptic brain? isn't this the epitome of preselected discrimination?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(March 12, 2013 at 6:39 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: What sort of evil god would handicap each succeeding generation with more and more knowledge that points to its nonexistence than in previous times?

Seriously...

God certainly used to be everywhere, in all the good and the bad. He was responsible for disease, earthquakes, famines, floods, storms, etc. And also in bumper crops, great weather, in peace, in health. It was easy to believe in a god that was so obviously responsible for all that.

Each time some phenomena that was previously explained by 'God did it' becomes explainable via natural processes, we become more and more handicapped.

How is it not evil that God would select some to be chosen to be thick, & others to be cursed with a skeptic brain? isn't this the epitome of preselected discrimination?

The whole idea of salvation via an omniscient god is ridiculous. god knew I would be an atheist and therefore knows I am going to hell but made me anyway. What a dick!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But God loves us. ignoramus 23 1617 May 29, 2021 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 6005 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  So..... Not Only God but a Court Says "FUCK YOU." Minimalist 53 10496 March 12, 2015 at 3:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19468 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie