Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believing in creationism is a sin
Believing in creationism is a sin
Christans who believe in creationism and present it is fact to someone are sining due to the fact that there 9th commandment says not to lie. So when a christian tries to make someone believe in creationism they are sinning.
RE: Believing in creationism is a sin
Is it lying if they actually believe it? Creationists earnestly argue they are correct.
Clap Clap

did you come up with that revalation all by yourself?

ever heard of the golden crocoduck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UyQs8Q6fuQ
(March 13, 2013 at 8:16 pm)festive1 Wrote: Is it lying if they actually believe it? Creationists earnestly argue they are correct.
If find it impossible to belive that someone is realy dumb enough to belive that the earth is ~6000 years old and that we started with 2 people and have been inbreeding since.
Also since Adam and Eve only had 2 brothers that means they had sex with there mom ewwww.
I personally know a man with a PhD in physics who is born again. I have heard him prattle on about how carbon dating is flawed, amongst other things. There are very gifted people who are very gullible.
(March 13, 2013 at 8:21 pm)festive1 Wrote: I personally know a man with a PhD in physics who is born again. I have heard him prattle on about how carbon dating is flawed, amongst other things. There are very gifted people who are very gullible.
But physics proves that creationism is impossible. Time did not exist before the big bang so therefore "god" could not have created the universe as "god" did not have time to. Maybe he is just trolling or parodying those people.
(March 13, 2013 at 8:16 pm)festive1 Wrote: Is it lying if they actually believe it? Creationists earnestly argue they are correct.

That's an issue that I had trouble with when it came to the 9th commandment. Is it lying if you honestly believe what you are saying?

What you are saying is a lie because it is something that is not true, but I wouldn't say that you yourself are lying, because you believed it true.

But I say, in this case, creationism is more of an opinion than belief (though they're very close to each other). It's a theory (if you could call it that), and not taken as a fact. So could it be a lie or be true? We don't know if it is a lie or if it is true because it is simply an opnion. An ignorant opinion, but an opinion noneoftheless. Can an opinion be judged true or false, in this case?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(March 13, 2013 at 8:41 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: So could it be a lie or be true? We don't know if it is a lie or if it is true because it is simply an opnion. An ignorant opinion, but an opinion noneoftheless. Can an opinion be judged true or false, in this case?
First of all creationism is not a theory it is a hypothesis and that hypothesis has been proven wrong due to evolution so we do know that creationism is false. So yes in this case creationism can be judged as false.
(March 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm)Nerd Wrote:
(March 13, 2013 at 8:41 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: So could it be a lie or be true? We don't know if it is a lie or if it is true because it is simply an opnion. An ignorant opinion, but an opinion noneoftheless. Can an opinion be judged true or false, in this case?
First of all creationism is not a theory it is a hypothesis and that hypothesis has been proven wrong due to evolution so we do know that creationism is false. So yes in this case creationism can be judged as false.

Creationism is known as a theory. Evolution is also a theory. I don't think we can use absolutes with these, definitely saying one is true and the other false. While I do believe creationism is false and evolution is true, technically, because of their statuses as "theories", we cannot say that they ARE true or that they ARE false. We can only believe them or not.

It kills me to type that, considering how dumb creationism really is. This is something used by thousands if not millions of theists as an excuse to believe creationism and dismiss evolution. "It's only a theory!" And they're right (in some cases).

Also, to answer your original question: no, because according to the Bible, the same book that offers the Ten Commandments, creationism is 100% real. So it only make sense for a follower of Christianity and the Ten Commandments to believe in creationism, therefore going back to the rest of my post from a bit earlier: is it lying if they truly believe it themselves?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Quote:If find it impossible to belive that someone is realy dumb enough to belive that the earth is ~6000 years old and that we started with 2 people and have been inbreeding since.

Guess again.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMi1s7E96nf7sJkqkH3t4...R5eb9Gi3SY]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2098 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1296 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  the nature of sin Drich 137 17871 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 47325 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3061 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 29732 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 57112 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5458 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2747 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Creationism out in Youngstown brewer 17 2725 September 25, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: c172