Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey there.
Hey there.
My name is Aaron and I'm an Atheist. I've noticed as of late I've been listening to a lot of podcast's that deal with atheism and figured I'd join a discussion board.

About me, I'm 29, from the Philadelphia area, I come from a catholic background, my moms side of the family which is pretty religious. So I went through CCD, which was basically once a week every Monday night. Did communion, conformation, ect. I don't know how long I've been an atheist, but I was always skeptical even at a young age. I remember being 10 when I told my mom I don't believe in the bible, even then a lot of it didn't make sense to me. She tried to convince me for a little, but I never listened to my mom that much to begin with, so after my conformation, for punishment, or in hopes of me to have faith she made me stay in CCD for an extra year. We also use to have to go to church every sunday and that pretty much dissapeared. I guess it's been a slow transition, and maybe because i'm a skeptic by nature it pretty much guided me away from religion, even when I didn't even know what an atheist or agnostic were.

My mom has pretty much excepted it, and my father isn't very religious so he didn't really care to begin with. I guess i'm fortunate to have an easier transition then most.
RE: Hey there.
Bon jour.
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Guten Abend
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off your mattress.
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hi
hey new guy. Welcome to our little corner of the web.
[Image: Evolution.png]

In West Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said you're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said "Fresh", and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought man forget it yo homes to Bel-Air

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'yo homes smell ya later'
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome Enjoy the forums

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3271 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1840 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 614 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2350 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger