Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The eastern churches and homophobia, racism and other...
The eastern churches and homophobia, racism and other...
I have recently seen a german documentary and thought the information in it was worth showing.
It showed the scale of brutality which homosexuals in the eastern countries of Russia, Bulgaria, Ukrain, Belarus and Romania suffer from a sociaty which is more and more influenced by the eastern orthodox churches.
The Moscow parlament, called the Duma has recently outlawed "homosexual propaganda" and church organisations in Russia publicly call for the killing of homosexuals, whilest politicians on almoust all sides publicly voice their disgust over homosexuality in the worst possible degrading language.

The documentary draw the conclusion that after the fall of the soviet block, the eastern churches not only regained an enormous amount of power but have radicalised. The eastern churches often allow themselves things which other christian churches wouldnt even dare due to the rprisals such actions would have. Antisemetic books such as "the protocols of the elders of Zion" are sold in church book stores, church officials and groups are openly antisemetic, some call for holy war against muslims and even for holy war against catholics, protestants and to conquere Istanbul and Jerusalem, groups and officals are often also openly racist. And the homophobia amongst the eastern churches isnt simply limited to the verbal abuse known to us in the west - but open calls to violence against homosexuals are not seldom in Russia aswell as laws limiting their rights and public officials discriminating them.

I guess, in the west one hardly realises to what extent the eastern churches have mutated to a violent ugly monster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Belarus

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=116282

http://redhotrussia.com/homophobia-in-russia/
RE: The eastern churches and homophobia, racism and other...
Seriously TGAC? It is up to those countries to do something about this atrocity.

No I do NOT agree with the "eastern churches" and think they must be suffering horrendous lose of members to the point that they are looking for scapegoats.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 25, 2013 at 11:46 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Seriously TGAC? It is up to those countries to do something about this atrocity.

Where am I saying that "I want to do something" about it???

I simply thought it was worth posting, or do you think it is better to be completly ignorant over what happens in foreign countries?
The eastern Orthodox are amongst the worst of Christian Churches, far far worse than anything we deal with in America. I'd say they are even worse than Fred Phelps and his gang because they actually commit acts of violence, rather than just acts of extreme douchebaggery. They are just ignored, like the horrific Christian terrorists in Africa, because we don't really deal with them in the western world. Hear no evil, see no evil.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 26003 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Eastern Europe is richer than Russia. Victory Interaktive 4 360 January 14, 2021 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Winning By a Landslide and other politicspeak onlinebiker 11 632 October 23, 2020 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side? Greatest I am 58 2174 August 13, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 468 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 537 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Naturally. Crooks Like Other Crooks Minimalist 0 165 October 16, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 728 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  The west's other face WinterHold 24 2609 September 25, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Penis Lives Matters. How to solve racism Kimmy 27 2602 August 24, 2018 at 3:33 am
Last Post: bennyboy