Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOPA activist dead
SOPA activist dead
Aaron Swartz found dead in alleged suicide after spending the last two years fighting federal hacking charges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/12...63726.html
RE: SOPA activist dead
You do realize that he died back in January? I would be shocked if someone had not mentioned it on here already.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Yes, I couldn't find a thread on it.
Re: SOPA activist dead
Yeah, I remember reading that story, a really sad day in history. As always, the people responsible for helping the advancement of society end up prosecuted by those who don't but somehow claim ownership to things they don't make.
There should be an international treaty that basically makes the Internet international waters and no company can be forced to have over any information as that information technically out of there justiction.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOPA back as TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) Gooders1002 0 1085 November 15, 2013 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Gooders1002