Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if god was one of us?
What if god was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: What if god was one of us?
http://youtu.be/WT9V1TplMf0
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 30, 2013 at 7:48 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Just a slob like one of us?

That'd be a step up.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Here he is....

[Image: zhlob.jpg]

God.
He would probably be sitting in the hague, being convicted of warcrimes.
Not if he lived in Amurika, booyah!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Oh, dear lordy lord. You guys don't know, do you? God is a woman. She is not a slob except for sex. Trust me, god's a woman.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
ಠ_ಠ

my cat just bit me in the ass.

allah is certainly not a woman.
jehova is certainly not a woman.
mormon god is certainly not a woman
budda is a smiling fat dude

I am sorry jrsm_10, no women amongst the gods.
(March 30, 2013 at 10:27 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: budda is a smiling fat dude

Buddha was actually slim according to Indian stories. The statues of him that are fat are based on the Chinese perspective of Buddha.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 30, 2013 at 10:27 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: ಠ_ಠ

my cat just bit me in the ass.

allah is certainly not a woman.
jehova is certainly not a woman.
mormon god is certainly not a woman
budda is a smiling fat dude

I am sorry jrsm_10, no women amongst the gods.

What about Shiva? Or Freyja?
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One God versus many T.J. 42 2872 December 6, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 3954 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2660 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3584 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God) ProgrammingGodJordan 324 48063 November 22, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Chas
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 5940 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  One Nation under god Lemonvariable72 14 3711 July 29, 2015 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19151 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  God is not the only eternal one ! (if he exist) reality.Mathematician 16 3394 June 19, 2014 at 3:06 am
Last Post: reality.Mathematician
  Understanding This "One Nation Under God" Thing Michael Schubert 4 2158 July 29, 2013 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle