Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mormon men are fat..
Mormon men are fat..
When I lived in Utah I was surprised by the number of slim attractive women married to fat men. It seemed that there was real emphasis on the women staying slim -- while the Mormon men all because fat or even obese.

Here is s link to a Utah newspaper story about obesity. I am guessing that the obese people were almost all men.

Obesity is a public health crisis in Utah
RE: Mormon men are fat..
Christians in general are fatter. They think they are going to have a perfect body in heaven so treat theirs like shit.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Americans, in general, are obese.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The problem is worst in Mississippi.
The 10 fattest states are: Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and West Virginia.

The 10 most religious states: Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Utah, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma and Tennessee

See more than a few coincidences on that list? It's the bible belt (and utah). I've long had the hypothesis that religious people are less likely to take care of their bodies and health. They put less value on their lives here on earth and therefore take care of themselves less.

http://gawker.com/5934570/revised-list-o...sonalities
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/...n-america/
(March 31, 2013 at 3:57 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I've long had the hypothesis that religious people are less likely to take care of their bodies and health. They put less value on their lives here on earth and therefore take care of themselves less.

Ironic, considering that according to the bible they should be treating their bodies like temples.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 31, 2013 at 3:59 pm)Mr Infidel Wrote: Ironic, considering that according to the bible they should be treating their bodies like temples.

Some of these fat fucking Christians look like they are a temple.
I would find it weird to simply conect obesity with being religious.

If you would look at the list which CapnAwsome posted you would also notice that these states also include most of the poorest, most conservative and dumbest states in the US.
Whilest I do see a conection with the most religious states being the dumbest and conservative - I would argue that the obesity in those states is the result of the stupidity and conservatism.
So in the end - well yes - a bit the result of being religious - but not directly.
(March 31, 2013 at 3:57 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: The 10 fattest states are: Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and West Virginia.

The 10 most religious states: Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Utah, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma and Tennessee

See more than a few coincidences on that list? It's the bible belt (and utah). I've long had the hypothesis that religious people are less likely to take care of their bodies and health. They put less value on their lives here on earth and therefore take care of themselves less.

http://gawker.com/5934570/revised-list-o...sonalities
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/...n-america/

They also rank highly as some of the poorest states in the union. Obesity is common among the poor because they eat shitty processed foods. Religion is common among the poor because religion thrives on oppressing the downtrodden.

No coincidence in this at all.
(March 31, 2013 at 4:07 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I would find it weird to simply conect obesity with being religious.

If you would look at the list which CapnAwsome posted you would also notice that these states also include most of the poorest, most conservative and dumbest states in the US.
Whilest I do see a conection with the most religious states being the dumbest and conservative - I would argue that the obesity in those states is the result of the stupidity and conservatism.
So in the end - well yes - a bit the result of being religious - but not directly.

Low IQ has also been linked to both obesity and religiosity. Our politically correct society likes to ignore both of those.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Mormon parents NuclearEnergy 11 2293 October 9, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  An Atheist Tries on Sacred Mormon Underwear AFTT47 7 1181 May 27, 2019 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Can I get an Ah-Men? Foxaèr 10 1803 August 12, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13350 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Heavily dominated Mormon community that's...intolerant GoHalos1993 8 2055 November 30, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Mormon: "There is no such thing as rape." Tiberius 148 34985 December 9, 2014 at 11:03 am
Last Post: John V
  Mormon Church Admits J Smith Didn't Translate Book Of Abraham JesusHChrist 54 13237 September 9, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  What Happens When Evangelical Virgin Men Get Married? Fidel_Castronaut 54 8136 August 19, 2014 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  The Mormon Church: Modern Day Mandated Servitude and Bondage LivingNumbers6.626 13 5548 August 17, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  creationism belief makes you a sicko.. profanity alert for you sensitive girly men heathendegenerate 4 2013 May 7, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: heathendegenerate