Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life of Brian.... debate and parody
Life of Brian.... debate and parody
First, for some seriousness, spanning 4 videos

And now for the parody of this debate... brilliant! Another "old, but gold"

RE: Life of Brian.... debate and parody
I watched this a few months ago. Might watch it again later Tongue
Humorless twats have no business commenting on Monty Python.

Fuck them and their god.
(April 5, 2013 at 7:39 pm)pocaracas Wrote: First, for some seriousness, spanning 4 videos

I am a huge fan of Python, Life of Brian is up there in my top 5 all time favourite films.

There is some outstanding philosophy in the Life of Brian, not least of all this subtle but dazzling piece of brilliance from John Cleese ... talk about getting straight to the point...

Interestingly, and I didn't find this out until recently, the only other writer to be given a writers credit on a Python production (pythons themselves and music aside) was Douglas Adams. Who else!

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
I know plenty of Christians that get the humor and love 'The Life of Brian'; however, the fundy types are truly bizarre. These jackoffs immediately peg their persecution/kill atheist meters.

What I can't get past is that these same fundy fucks consider 'The Passion of the Christ' and its wall to wall brutal human torture a love story suitable for small children. Mental.
Oh, the Passion. I got dragged into watching that snuff film back when it came out by my foster parents.

Everyone was fucking crying. I was the only one just like "I...uh...I don't remember any of this being in the bible. The crucifixion yeah, but...not all this shit."

I felt like Stan in South Park during that episode where they all watched PotC. "I want a god-damn refund."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Willy Debate Foxaèr 11 699 December 26, 2021 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Free William Debate BrianSoddingBoru4 8 711 December 23, 2021 at 4:04 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  SNL VP debate. Brian37 1 266 October 11, 2020 at 8:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Presidential debate drinking game Foxaèr 5 353 September 29, 2020 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jack Chick Parody Site Amarok 8 1011 May 26, 2019 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  El Paso, parody lyrics by me..... Brian37 0 503 February 11, 2019 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Y b a laZ git (parody) The Valkyrie 18 3878 May 28, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: SaStrike
  Which do you hear (parody) RoadRunner79 4 846 May 20, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Parody: Deaf is the not herring. Edwardo Piet 4 485 April 28, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Parody poll: What's your favorite game? Edwardo Piet 8 702 April 28, 2018 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet