Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This could finish religion, and the religious right...
This could finish religion, and the religious right...
Hello!

What if there actually was something real behind several of the worlds major religions, including Christianity; something with a scientific explanation? What if this "something" was actually a mechanism found within the brain of all of us that could not only cause us to function against our own best interest and the best interest of others, and so cause others to work against our own, just like the demonic figures in these religions are supposed to be able to do, but could create mental and physical disease and disorder, and could even be responsible for virtually all of the evil that can come from the hand of man? A mechanism that can become more or less detrimental depending upon our thoughts, feelings, actions and intentions, and which is discoverable through hypnosis, which can have a great deal in common with prayer, meaning that it could have been accessible to, and subsequently misinterpreted by, the primitive, superstitious peoples who founded these religions, also explaining how it has surfaced periodically throughout history to leave its imprint upon these religions. And, what if knowledge of this mechanism and its functioning could even bring about an end to these religions?

I have both studied and worked in the mental health field, and some time back, while doing research involving hypnosis, I stumbled upon what has turned out to be a previously unknown mechanism within the human brain. It is the product of the evolutionary process and thus is present within all of us, and is also involved in many psychiatric disorders. And, though it rises to the level of psychiatric disorder in only a few of us at any one time, it can negatively effect all of us to some degree at one time or another. And, this mechanism has exerted a sizeable impact upon many of the worlds religions, especially Christianity. I have documentary evidence to support this mechanisms existence.

If you are interested in knowing more, I have created a weblog where I explain further. Though I have tried to be as brief as possible, reading it may take a little time, so please be patient. If you have any questions, please either post back here, or leave a comment in the comments section of my blog. Here is the link: (redacted)

Thanks for reading!
Fred
RE: This could finish religion, and the religious right...
someone (maybe Tiberius) Wrote:No Advertising
Any advertisements in posts will be removed immediately. If you want to promote a product or service then please contact one of the administrators or moderators by private message first. This also applies to people conducting research or surveys. Whilst most in the community would be glad to help with such projects, we still would like you to get permission from the staff before posting. If you want to post your website, please adhere to the 30 days and 30 posts rule. This amount of time and number of posts shows that advertising is not your sole purpose on this forum. If the rule is not adhered to, the advertisement will be removed and you may be warned or banned.

2. Even if this is true, the theists won't believe it anyway.
And...I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but how exactly does this disprove religion?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Also, you spelled "Atheist" wrong in your "Religious views."
[Image: tumblr_mhi821bCeJ1r317bvo1_500.gif]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Re: This could finish religion, and the religious right...
Idk. I think Fred 22 is on to something.
(April 7, 2013 at 12:00 am)futilethewinds Wrote: Also, you spelled "Atheist" wrong in your "Religious views."

Nah, it just means he's athier than most, that's all.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 10896 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Could God be impotent? Fake Messiah 7 1076 February 25, 2023 at 10:18 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 8540 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1506 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1813 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  The little church that could. Chad32 21 4050 May 25, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 789 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What religion and religious leaders did to us..... Mystic 5 1137 November 20, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Could Hell exist? Europa! 20 4558 September 16, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Would you attack the Church if you could? Macoleco 108 13665 December 19, 2016 at 2:31 am
Last Post: energizer bunny