Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to convert non-believers
How to convert non-believers
Bring your god out here to show us all all of his godliness and tell us why we should all love and fear him. Do not tell me what god said and wants me to do. I want god himself to so. His presence and his presence only can put all of this back and forth to rest and turn us all into god fearing children.
RE: How to convert non-believers
(April 8, 2013 at 12:49 am)frz Wrote: Bring your god out here to show us all all of his godliness and tell us why we should all love and fear him. Do not tell me what god said and wants me to do. I want god himself to so. His presence and his presence only can put all of this back and forth to rest and turn us all into god fearing children.

Fucking brilliant! Never thought of that.

Allow me to be your manager. Your first gig is in Riyadh.
Have a strong feeling I'm going to end up like this whilst waiting

[Image: are_you_still_waiting_for_perfect_man3.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 8, 2013 at 12:49 am)frz Wrote: Bring your god out here to show us all all of his godliness and tell us why we should all love and fear him. Do not tell me what god said and wants me to do. I want god himself to so. His presence and his presence only can put all of this back and forth to rest and turn us all into god fearing children.

Obedience to a god is always obedience to its priests.

But the religion of the priests is not the religion of the people.
Quote:Your first gig is in Riyadh.

[Image: th?id=H.4800412896658350&pid=15.1]
God(s) used to show up all the time. They've gotten lazy, I think.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 8, 2013 at 11:22 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: God(s) used to show up all the time. They've gotten lazy, I think.

Good point, Summer. God used to destroy cities.... now he puts in an appearance on a skillet.

[Image: jesus-frying-pan.jpg]
That looks more like Two-Face to me, Min. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
If Thor looks like Chris Hemsworth, he's welcome to show himself to me any time he wants. He doesn't even have to speak English.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 8, 2013 at 12:23 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: If Thor looks like Chris Hemsworth, he's welcome to show himself to me any time he wants. He doesn't even have to speak English.

Which suggests he is the god of whispers in quiet places.

Gods are more credible if poetic even with poor poetry.

The god of an attribute is more credible than the god of a place. But the god of a place is delightfully primitive in its own right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2218 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 1771 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Persistent Non-Symbolic Experiences Ahriman 0 536 August 18, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 663 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God as a non-creator Fake Messiah 13 1659 January 21, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 7189 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13399 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Information How to discuss religion with believers? Scientia 161 15468 February 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3734 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8527 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray