Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pi is the answer
Pi is the answer
[Image: 11568_640702755959181_2018371777_n.jpg]

When you think of it like that...
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: Pi is the answer
[Image: 1156b38eab11011c304d1f70ac38dd9e.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
"Don't be irrational pi" said i to which pi replied, "Oh. get real!"
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(April 8, 2013 at 6:29 am)Zen Badger Wrote: [Image: 11568_640702755959181_2018371777_n.jpg]

When you think of it like that...

It's just coincidental - it's not like we live in a self ordered universe or do we?
Kudos given by (1): Dawud
Do you really give yourself kudos?
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
I was wondering about that as well. I didn't even know it was an option. Let's see:

Nope, not for me it doesn't.

Looks like it's his signature.
Lol, in that case, I love his signature!
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
This is technically not true because there are no perfect circles!

To see why, first note that Pi is irrational. That is, Pi can not be expressed as a ratio of integers. Now note that all lengths exist as a multiple of the smallest length, planck length (~1.61619926 × 10^-35 m). The circumference and diameter of a given circle are lengths and, therefore, exist as integral multiples of plank length. In other words the ratio of a given circles circumference to its diameter is a rational number!

The larger the circle, the closer the ratio gets to Pi, but in a universe with finite resources, no such object can ever exist.
Tiberius is going to hate this thread. He has a weird thing against pi and for some other number that I cannot think of.
(April 28, 2013 at 9:33 pm)Shell B Wrote: Tiberius is going to hate this thread. He has a weird thing against pi and for some other number that I cannot think of.

Infinity? (Which may or may not actually be a number)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scales question. What is the answer? T0 Th3 M4X 26 4199 December 23, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  What's the answer? Euler 41 16152 January 1, 2014 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Sejanus