Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
Here I'm putting what most of non-Muslim consider as a refutation of Islam into the challenge

I can show that Islamic laws about women, marriage laws, sex is the best system available compared to any other system (existing or even proposed)

Who is up to this challenge????
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
Sleepy
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 10, 2013 at 7:22 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I can show that Islamic laws about women, marriage laws, sex is the best system available compared to any other system (existing or even proposed)

Who is up to this challenge????
Oh you mean like the fact that if a man rapes and murders his daughter that the crime should not require a custodial sentence? Do explain to me how that is better.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(April 10, 2013 at 7:22 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I can show that Islamic laws about women, marriage laws, sex is the best system available compared to any other system (existing or even proposed)

This is possibly the most brilliant thing you've ever said ROFLOL

And it has no context... so it's even better Big Grin
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 10, 2013 at 7:25 am)Aractus Wrote: Oh you mean like the fact that if a man rapes and murders his daughter that the crime should not require a custodial sentence? Do explain to me how that is better.
You should use only facts, then if you don't have you can use statistics.

Can you bring a reference that Islam promotes/allows this?
Why, in every thread you open, do you seem to ask for permission first? Testing the waters or something?? Just post your theory and get on with it.
(April 10, 2013 at 7:25 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:

This is possibly the most brilliant thing you've ever said
And it has no context... so it's even better
At least show us that you have a brain, and try to refute my proof of God existence

Or it is just your choice to be an ASSIEST
ROFLOL
(April 10, 2013 at 7:30 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Can you bring a reference that Islam promotes/allows this?
No I can't - because I didn't say that Islam promotes or allows it. Read what I did say.

Can I provide a reference to what I said? Yes:

[Image: LiveLeak-dot-com-5e4e88364abc-saudi.jpg?...c_rate=200]
  • A Saudi man who raped his five-year-old daughter and tortured her to death has been sentenced to pay "blood money" to the mother after having served a short jail term, according to activists.

The man, said to be a religious scholar who is also a regular guest on Islamic television networks, confessed to having used cables and a cane to inflict the injuries, activists from the group Women to Drive said in a statement on Saturday.

Lamia was admitted to hospital on December 25, 2011, with multiple injuries, including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, extensive bruising and burns, the activists said.

They said the father had doubted his daughter Lama's virginity and had her checked up by a medic.

She died last October.

Randa al-Kaleeb, a social worker from the hospital where Lama was admitted, said the girl's back was broken and that she had been raped "everywhere", according to the group.

The activists said that the judge had ruled the prosecution could only seek "blood money and the time the defendant had served in prison since Lama's death suffices as punishment".

Link

FYI I don't consider a short stay in a gaol a custodial sentence.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(April 10, 2013 at 7:32 am)festive1 Wrote: Why, in every thread you open, do you seem to ask for permission first? Testing the waters or something?? Just post your theory and get on with it.
This one is not a theory

It is merely an explanation of what the media is using against Islam

For example "Marriage Age"
Islam has no limits or minimum age for marriage
Is that wrong? can you bring a better system?
Then can you show that system to be better than Islamic one?
(April 10, 2013 at 7:39 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: At least show us that you have a brain, and try to refute my proof of God existence

I'm not a shower... I'm a grower. Wink

Quote:Or it is just your choice to be an ASSIEST

Nah, I was made this way, man.

Not that I'm certain what that particular malformation of english means... but I'm sure it's meant to be clever Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6342 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1555 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8008 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4689 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7845 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 39144 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 978 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts WinterHold 132 26698 April 27, 2018 at 9:32 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. Mystic 67 13615 November 20, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7020 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic