Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Magnets
Magnets
Have you ever owned a really powerful magnet? Were there consequences?

I own a neodymium magnet and I keep thinking it's going to destroy my credit card or phone but up to now it hasn't.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Magnets
Magnets signify a deep attraction for your mother /Freud

Otherwise, look at a physics book, it should be decently covered there... Big Grin
The world revolves around my penis. / Freud

No. I want a giant magnet like a cartoon villain.
I once heard a story about a magnet and a CRT tv.... after the encounter, the tv's colors were stuck on pinkish.
I've never heard of such things happening with LCDs.
Also, if you ever come across a busted hard disk drive, you can disassemble it and find one of those powerful magnets.... although the shape is less than ideal for goofing around.
[Image: hard-drive-magnet-polarity.jpg]
No I don't have any particularily powerful magnets.

While we're on the subject...

I got a couple of relatively large, extremely powerful magnets from a friend of mine. He warned me not to get bits of skin stuck between them.

So I immediately went out and got a bit of skin stuck between them.

For the record, it sucked.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(April 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: I got a couple of relatively large, extremely powerful magnets from a friend of mine. He warned me not to get bits of skin stuck between them.

So I immediately went out and got a bit of skin stuck between them.

For the record, it sucked.

No it "attracted"

Sucking is a different thing altogether.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I had one that would completely distort old TV's as soon as I entered the house. They would completely change colour and the resolution would be off. Eventually they would go mostly back to normal other than a couple bits of green or pink.
I want one of these.

(April 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I want one of these.

Yep, would be cool, till all the knives and stuff come fly at me.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.