Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Epic Awesomeness
Epic Awesomeness
I scored a first edition Douglas Adams "The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul" at a used bookstore yesterday for less than $7.
Kneel before Zod....
Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind - even if your voice shakes.
Maggie Kuhn
RE: Epic Awesomeness
Cherish it dearly... guard it with your life.
I still like crisp white linen sheets.... Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 15, 2013 at 9:23 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I still like crisp white linen sheets.... Tongue

Indeed!
Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind - even if your voice shakes.
Maggie Kuhn
The bit about Heathrow was good too... Heart Ah Thor! Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Absolutely, and the delivery guy who is the god of rain but doesn't know it. I still use the "follow someone who seems to know where they are going" as a cheap GPS.
Maggie Kuhn
Oh, that reminds me I have to get Adams' works for my bookshelf!

Funny story, my sister tried to read 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' plenty of times, but she never got past the introduction since it made her laugh so hard. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(April 15, 2013 at 3:49 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Oh, that reminds me I have to get Adams' works for my bookshelf!

Funny story, my sister tried to read 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' plenty of times, but she never got past the introduction since it made her laugh so hard. Tongue
I got the biography "Hitchhiker" I plan to read this summer!
Maggie Kuhn
(April 15, 2013 at 9:17 am)Brayton.l Wrote: I scored a first edition Douglas Adams "The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul" at a used bookstore yesterday for less than $7.
Kneel before Zod....

You should burn that heresy.

I'd gladly pay seven dollars to watch it burn.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 16, 2013 at 1:58 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:
(April 15, 2013 at 9:17 am)Brayton.l Wrote: I scored a first edition Douglas Adams "The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul" at a used bookstore yesterday for less than $7.
Kneel before Zod....

You should burn that heresy.

I'd gladly pay seven dollars to watch it burn.

That is the most evil hing you have ever said!!!!!Confusedhock:

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  East & West Epic Foxaèr 26 1079 January 18, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hall of epic cuteness............... Brian37 13 1631 December 16, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Epic hangman wins on the AF Slack channel Jackalope 17 2078 October 20, 2016 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Richard Dawkins + Nightwish = Epic Mechaghostman2 2 829 January 27, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Videodrome
  An epic gift from my brother this Newton Day. Mechaghostman2 2 862 December 27, 2015 at 9:37 am
Last Post: Sal
  Epic Rap Battles of History: Bill Nye and Neil DeGrasse Tyson Rampant.A.I. 6 2592 June 20, 2014 at 3:55 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Epic/Crappy Moments on the Job Walking Void 11 3249 November 3, 2013 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Movies That Should Have Been Epic Gambit 131 42333 March 1, 2013 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Epic Rap Battles Of History! Hughsie 7 2578 October 7, 2012 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  You know your posts are epic when ... Rayaan 28 10494 May 18, 2012 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Ryft