Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you sleep with the light on?
Do you sleep with the light on?
Why or why not.

I've come to know a few people who don't mind sleeping with the light on while others must have it on to sleep.

I personally can't stand any light when its that time to hit the hay. I must have complete darkness or something close to it. I'm the kinda guy that will go as far as covering up my windows just in case the sun comes up before I'm up.
RE: Do you sleep with the light on?
The darker the better, even a little bit of light can keep me from falling asleep. Unless I'm at work.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I can't stand light when sleeping. During recent years I've become really sensitive to light, sound, temperature, you name it, during sleep. Unfortunately my bf gets really anxious in a completely dark room, so I have had to learn how to sleep with a mask. On the plus side, during the spring and summer I wake easily during mornings, which I don't do during winter.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I can sleep in pretty much any situation... but having the light off saves money.
Cunt
If I am tired enough, I can sleep in almost any conditions. I slept through a booming thunderstorm last night except for when it was shitting electric death right on top of me. But, I prefer total darkness and mild white noise. I totally dig those nature sounds things.
I used to be afraid of the dark, so I slept with a nightlight. I just one day decided I no longer needed it. Now it's difficult to sleep with light. I have had to sleep with the light on when I have watched certain movies right before bed.
I sleep with the TV on. Even when I am asleep, I feel the need for input. A.D.D. gotta love it.
Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind - even if your voice shakes.
Maggie Kuhn
Re: RE: Do you sleep with the light on?
(April 17, 2013 at 7:29 pm)frankiej Wrote: I can sleep in pretty much any situation... but having the light off saves money.

Lol, saving money is always a plus. I'm the same way when I'm tired. I sleep on the train, airplane, where people are usually afraid to sleep. I was tired enough and somewhat drunk at a club one time, I fell asleep on the speakers while everyone was still partying.
I can rarely fall asleep with the light or TV on, or any other distraction really.
(April 17, 2013 at 8:11 pm)frz Wrote: I'm the same way when I'm tired. I sleep on the train, airplane, where people are usually afraid to sleep.

Vehicles, my favorite place to fall asleep. If I'm tired enough after work, I will always take a nap on the bus. And there's nothing quite like the feeling of falling asleep to the rocking and humming of a cruise liner.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark meat vs. light meat Foxaèr 11 796 December 1, 2021 at 12:20 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
Sad Happy feetz can't sleep no one 2 292 May 20, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: no one
  Sleep deprived J a c k 20 1479 December 31, 2017 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How many pillows do you sleep with, how do you use them & which can't you do without? Whateverist 31 2231 September 29, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Joods
  Who was the first to light a fart? abaris 33 2845 October 4, 2016 at 1:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Home sleep aids? Losty 40 3688 April 20, 2016 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  If you could remove your need for sleep, would you? Ashground 31 3800 November 12, 2015 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Reforged
  What position do you sleep in? Norman Humann 36 4905 March 10, 2015 at 12:05 am
Last Post: IATIA
  what do you know about light bulbs? Jextin 16 2320 August 20, 2014 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Sleep Injuries... WTF? ShaMan 26 4091 June 17, 2014 at 7:56 am
Last Post: John V