Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 films
Top 5 films
Why isn't there a thread like this already? Well, there probably is, but fuck it...

Title says it all, what are your top 5 films?

Mine:

1. Oldboy
2. Pretty much any Tarantino film (Pulp Fiction for the sake of argument)
3. Seven Psychopaths
4. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
5. Blade

For those that are interested...

Please do tell me how amazing my taste in films is Wink Also if anyone's up for it, maybe do a top 5 for a particular genre to spice it up.

So yeah, what's yours?
RE: Top 5 films
The African Queen
The Ghost and The Darkness
Millers Crossing
The Dancer Upstairs
The Departed (though this one is shaky, I think i like it so much because Jack Nicholson essentially played Whitey Bulger-and if you wanna hear about some seriously corrupt shit...check that out)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Casablanca
Sabrina
Chocolat
Pride & Prejudice (2005)
Young Frankenstein

Maybe not necessarily my idea of the 'best' movies, or I'd include others like "12 Angry Men" and "Pan's Labyrinth," among others, but these are the movies I can watch over and over and over again.

Probably not a coincidence that Bogart's in two of them.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Best films

1: Kickass
2: Gladiator
3: Aliens
4: The Life of Brian
5: Some like it Hot

But what of the worst five films?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 19, 2013 at 11:07 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: But what of the worst five films?

Pretty sure that's topped by the Twilight films.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hrm... not sure if I can think up a top five just like that. My favorites would be something like:

1- No Country For Old Men
2- The Fifth Element
3- Kolya
4- Iron Man
5- The Avengers

The top three probably won't change anytime soon.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Javier Bardem ftw.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 19, 2013 at 11:07 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: But what of the worst five films?

1. Twilight
2. Twilight
3. Twilight
4. Twilight
5. Twilight
1. Spirited Away
2. Fight Club
3. Love Actually
4. Resident Evil
5. Pride and Prejudice (1995)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Resident evil.

Is that in best or worst film list.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Top 5 Celeb Crushes T.J. 25 1415 November 18, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  About non European films. Peebothuhlu 4 496 November 15, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 909 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 10793 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What Are Your Favorite Classic Films/Movies? Kernel Sohcahtoa 6 1401 October 11, 2016 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Your Top 5 favorite users on AF forums you want to have dinner with ErGingerbreadMandude 294 36913 February 25, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Will Star Wars top a billion? Jehanne 10 1949 February 16, 2016 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Top 25: The Best Books I Discovered In 2015 Mudhammam 1 1597 December 28, 2015 at 6:33 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Top 5 favourite rivals? ignoramus 31 5160 November 16, 2015 at 1:56 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Top 3 movies Kingpin 102 18022 August 16, 2015 at 8:29 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude