Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello! Newbie here :)
Hello! Newbie here :)
Hello, my name is Nicole and I'm 26 from South Bend, IN.

Had the idea today to google atheist forum and this one was the top result so thought I'd check it out. Would be cool to chat with fellow atheists...my husband and one girl friend is an atheist, but it's always cool to chat with people online.

I follow a few facebook atheist pages and share and like posts and my friends haven't complained about them but after the couple of status comments I made recently with this whole Boston thing, against people praying, because it's obviously not working...some got upset with me and felt I was being offensive....so that's what led me to the idea of looking for a forum.

Not sure when I really became a non believer...I grew up Catholic....when I was 17, I decided to tell my parents I no longer wanted to attend church because I did not believe....my mom was going to let me stay home but my dad on the other hand, he got all pissed off and made me go until I turned 18 (which to boot, was on a Monday! ugh!) but I should have fought him harder on not going.....he has rights as my father, but I don't feel he has that kind of right to force me to attend church!.....I don't think any parent has that right....and my cousin, she's a born again christian, and all I can say is ugh to her new way of living and her facebook posts and her home schooling her two boys because school is the devil BS.....

but anyways, there's my introduction I guess.....

(Also check out my profile for my interests if anyone wants to chat about any of it! Big Grin )
"My heroes burn rubber, they bleed octane, they bite steel. They risk their lives on every turn on every track. My heroes race cars...fast cars...Start your engines baby!!! I'm a race fan!!!"
RE: Hello! Newbie here :)
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

We have a handful of jesus freaks around here, too. They can be fun to torment.

Enjoy yourself.
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay.
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
Welcome, Swansoda.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
A swan that drinks soda... there's a first! Smile
Welcome!
Howdy!
Smile Thanks for the welcomes and hehe yeah, swan soda....I stole that user name from my hubby. Smile It's actually what his work email was...combo of swanson and david
"My heroes burn rubber, they bleed octane, they bite steel. They risk their lives on every turn on every track. My heroes race cars...fast cars...Start your engines baby!!! I'm a race fan!!!"
My boyfriend's name is David too. Smile Goddamn common name. Tongue Welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3255 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 820 September 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 911 September 9, 2022 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Lucian
  Hi from a newbie here TrueNorth 16 1216 August 10, 2022 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1610 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm