Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby Burned Alive: Chile Arrests 4 Accused Of Killing Child For Being 'Antichrist' In Ritual Sacrifice
Baby Burned Alive: Chile Arrests 4 Accused Of Killing Child For Being 'Antichrist' In Ritual Sacrifice
Quote:ANTIAGO, Chile — Chilean police on Thursday arrested four people accused of burning a baby alive in a ritual because the leader of the sect believed that the end of the world was near and that the child was the antichrist.

The 3-day-old baby was taken to a hill in the town of Colliguay near the Chilean port of Valparaiso on Nov. 21 and was thrown into a bonfire. The baby's mother, 25-year-old Natalia Guerra, had allegedly approved the sacrifice and was among those arrested.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25...55893.html

This it why I hate religion. There are no words to describe just how horrible this is. The words: Motherfucking Cunts, just does not cut how disgusting they are.
(sidenote: we need a News section on these forums for stuff like this and other Atheist/religious based news)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Baby Burned Alive: Chile Arrests 4 Accused Of Killing Child For Being 'Antichrist' In Ritual Sacrifice
Fanactism can be found with any philosophical stance. However, this is horrible and very sad. Not to mention they are reading their damn book it pretty clear no one knows. I saddened to see this and this is why I hate people, they will use any excuse and go any length to preserve their power.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: Baby Burned Alive: Chile Arrests 4 Accused Of Killing Child For Being 'Antichrist' In Ritual Sacrifice
A horrible, sad story and another example of why religion/superstition isn't necessarily benign bat-shittery.

As with many other examples, from faith healing to the killing of African child witches, religious superstition can be dangerous bat-shittery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your morning ritual? EgoDeath 44 2812 October 13, 2019 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Baby pictures/Videos ect..... Brian37 12 841 December 7, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3557 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16083 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  BABY ON BOARD signs Bahana 97 10807 October 13, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Where things stand (baby news update from the geneticist) Catholic_Lady 17 2922 December 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  I am Alive Jello 18 1221 November 23, 2016 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Jello
  Baby's First Hurricane rexbeccarox 35 3177 October 7, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  baby boy name. vote your fav! Catholic_Lady 94 7918 July 16, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: rado84
  saw my baby graduate Joods 28 2243 June 10, 2016 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus