Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
atheist quotes
atheist quotes
George Orwell's " Down and Out in Paris and London " contains a character BOZO, who is a tramp and who is described by the author as
quote " an embittered atheist who does not so much disbelieve in God as personally dislike him ".

I disbelieve in God, but if I am wrong I am as sure as Bozo that I will not like him.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: atheist quotes
Lmao that is funny bozo.I don't believe in God or gods of any kind and because I don't believe I find it hard to dislike something I am convinced that does not exist.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

i agree with bozo, atheist word mean an image given justifying god hatred in power abuses on weaker minds for who hates him without considering the justifications given by weak human condition for being against who want to steal their minds
I can't hate something that doesn't exist. How's that possible?
So very true Evidence I would love to know how that is possible.

you dont hate god than, but who hates any leadership concept abusing weakness of minds in needs to exist freely before doing for their existing shapes anything right, would easily understand how it could be considered as a projection to what he hates more truely the fact of being forced to live as conditionned body unable to think his future alone without killing himself of the fact being dead
Thanks to all who have responded to my Orwellian quote.
To those who struggle with the concept of not liking what you are convinced doesn't exist, I refer you to RD's " God Delusion ", specifically his spectrum of probabilities concerning the existence of God. The spectrum has milestones from 1 to 7.
Milestone 1 represents 100% probability that God exists. At the other end milestone 7 represents 100% probability that God doesn't exist.
As rational people, I suspect very few ateists would put themselves in 7,
rather milestone 6 which represents a very low probability of God's existence albeit short of zero. Hope this helps.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
yep i would say that i am milestone 6. i can't seem to completely cross him off as a possibility. especially due to the big bang theory being weak at this time. really i am at that level simply because i am ignorant to anything else that could have caused the matter that created the universe.

anyhow, about you quote. i thought it was pretty funny. sense i agree that if God/Jesus/Fairies did exist i would despise them. and show them nothing but contempt.
(October 2, 2008 at 3:58 pm)Abaddon Wrote: yep i would say that i am milestone 6. i can't seem to completely cross him off as a possibility. especially due to the big bang theory being weak at this time. really i am at that level simply because i am ignorant to anything else that could have caused the matter that created the universe.

anyhow, about you quote. i thought it was pretty funny. sense i agree that if God/Jesus/Fairies did exist i would despise them. and show them nothing but contempt.

The point of milestone 6 or 7 is that it is surely impossible to rule out the possibility, however minute, of God's existence and only a zealot would pick 7. However, I don't come across many believers who would consider for a second not being in 1!
I guess I am a zealout I need no further convincing that God does not exist and consider myself at milestone 7.I am 100 percent convinced that God is a myth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Best movie quotes Marsellus Wallace 46 6424 June 28, 2014 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Movie Quotes to remember BrokenQuill92 7 2269 February 1, 2014 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Quotes: Ayatollah Khomeini on sex with children northumbrian66 41 37861 September 24, 2013 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Favourite Quotes northumbrian66 31 13446 March 27, 2010 at 12:59 am
Last Post: deicide110
  atheist quotes bozo 29 12864 February 25, 2010 at 3:33 am
Last Post: Samson
  Hilarious quotes by theists. LukeMC 81 28989 January 16, 2010 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet