Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Used to be a Mormon
Used to be a Mormon
I'm Sam, I'm an atheist, and I am 15. I live in Michigan, and I hate writing long posts. I was raised LDS, I have two brothers (I'm the middle child) and the older is 17 and agnostic. Needless to say, the church had no valid points for me to be against gays and not to swear, and I couldn't find evidence for God so I left. I never even had faith, my mind wouldn't let me believe because I had major doubts. I lived in denial for a while, bit I got out. Thanks for reading.
RE: Used to be a Mormon
Howdy!
Cunt
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(April 28, 2013 at 3:22 pm)Awsamb Wrote: I'm Sam, I'm an atheist, and I am 15. I live in Michigan, and I hate writing long posts. I was raised LDS, I have two brothers (I'm the middle child) and the older is 17 and agnostic. Needless to say, the church had no valid points for me to be against gays and not to swear, and I couldn't find evidence for God so I left. I never even had faith, my mind wouldn't let me believe because I had major doubts. I lived in denial for a while, bit I got out. Thanks for reading.

Sounds like all the right reasons.

Pull up a keyboard and set a spell.
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome! I've talked with Mormon missionaries off and on for 4 years now. I still can't get them to get off the whole "I know it's true because I feel it" thing. Glad to see you're immune. =)
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Welcome on AF.
I am looking forward to your input!
Welcome! This gives me hope for some of my Mormon friends
"I trust my own reason and my own capacities to think and educate myself and to reach greater levels of knowlege and status through learning and work. To me, wishing for a god is like wishing to be a slave, it is like declaring that one is too incompetent to handle one's own affairs." - the germans are coming
Welcome aboard.
Re: RE: Used to be a Mormon
(April 28, 2013 at 3:49 pm)Tex Wrote: Welcome! I've talked with Mormon missionaries off and on for 4 years now. I still can't get them to get off the whole "I know it's true because I feel it" thing. Glad to see you're immune. =)

Haha thanks man, I've recently gained immunity, I like it!

Thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The only reason I became Mormon was because I snuck a taste of "Funeral Potatoes!" 😁 HankMoody316 10 1751 November 8, 2022 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hi, I'm an Ex-Mormon Atheist InquiringMind 16 1561 September 20, 2016 at 10:21 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  mormon ==> atheist azheathen 22 3846 January 10, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  I am an ex-mormon scatterman 14 2440 November 25, 2011 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Former Mormon missionary Korihor80 10 3072 May 29, 2011 at 12:16 am
Last Post: tackattack
  I'm a Foreman (Former Mormon) Nathan6329 11 3955 May 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Nathan6329
  Critical Thinking--When Is It Going To Be Used? Frank Palatnick 2 1574 June 28, 2009 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Frank Palatnick