Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Illuminati
The Illuminati
I know this is a topic that has most likely been touched upon a lot, but all the threads that are related to this are more than 30 days old.

Anyways, it has come to my attention that a few people that I know in real life seriously believe in the Illuminati and their malicious intentions. I learnt the hard way after joking about it too much and then having them tell me that they don't appreciate me "desensatising people about a serious issue". Out of respect for them, I think that's a fair point. What I want to know is what people's opinions are on here:

Arguments/evidence for/against the Illuminati? I personally think there is a group hinding behind the symbol of the all-seeing eye. What their motives are, I wouldn't have a clue. Do you?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: The Illuminati
(April 29, 2013 at 9:49 am)FallentoReason Wrote: I know this is a topic that has most likely been touched upon a lot, but all the threads that are related to this are more than 30 days old.

Anyways, it has come to my attention that a few people that I know in real life seriously believe in the Illuminati and their malicious intentions. I learnt the hard way after joking about it too much and then having them tell me that they don't appreciate me "desensatising people about a serious issue". Out of respect for them, I think that's a fair point. What I want to know is what people's opinions are on here:

Arguments/evidence for/against the Illuminati? I personally think there is a group hinding behind the symbol of the all-seeing eye. What their motives are, I wouldn't have a clue. Do you?

Well for one thing I haven an issue with modern people is for some reason they all believe malicous tyrants only exist in third world countries and last one that ever existed in first world countries was the USSR. This is the logical fallacy that people nowadays have, and it is distrubing. With that said, my simple argument against the illuminati is simple, you prey off of the "power" that the conspiracies people claim. If "they" have as much power as they do aka control all the worlds economy, controls majority of nations already, controls our weather (some do), and control our minds through media (btw subliminals are very powerful and used in marketing even subtle emotional ones). Then what in the world are they waiting for, apperently they gained enough power that they would be unrivaled.

PS.Even still you will be a brain washed sheep that is part of the conspiracy, in that case play along and say you are part of the organization and been keeping them under close observation.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
I get the feeling the people who believe there's something in this, have probably been reading too many Dan Brown books.
(April 29, 2013 at 12:30 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I get the feeling the people who believe there's something in this, have probably been reading too many Dan Brown books.

I think it is a form of elitism, you feel good about figuring something out that no one else has. However, I do fear more realistic forms of tyranny such as the US currently repeating the Gilded Age again.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
Are you guys implying that this fella:

[Image: jesse-ventura-open-mouth-2011-cropped-pr...stom_2.jpg]

...may not be on the up and up?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 29, 2013 at 12:30 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I get the feeling the people who believe there's something in this, have probably been reading too many Dan Brown books.

But is there some merit in what they're claiming? I'm somewhat compelled to believe there's someone behind the symbol of the all seeing eye which pops up everywhere. I just don't believe the claims about those people.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(April 29, 2013 at 9:49 am)FallentoReason Wrote: I know this is a topic that has most likely been touched upon a lot, but all the threads that are related to this are more than 30 days old.

I know that the Illuminati is real, although I do not follow morons like David Icke and Alex Jones. I think the Illuminati have massively infiltrated the pop music industry, the mass media and The Vatican, among other things. In terms of their intentions, it seems obvious to me that they are seeking absolute control of the global financial system, the global political system and the mass media/entertainment industry. They're a bunch of wealthy, powerful and sick individuals who are into dark and occult practices, such as Satanic ritual abuse and paedophilia. Jimmy Savile, for example, was probably part of the Illuminati. Read this about the Satanic rituals in which he engaged: HERE, HERE and HERE.

As for evidence, what kind of evidence would you ever accept to be credible enough in order to overcome your skepticism on the subject? You're certainly not going to find peer reviewed academic literature on the subject.
I would think that a cabal aiming to dominate the entire world leaves some sort of paper trail or solid evidence around. All I ever see are people who are know the Illuminati are real.

If there is no evidence to satisfy our skepticism, then why the hell are you not only sure they exist, but you are sure of their aims, their goals, and their alleged satanic rituals? It sounds a lot like you're just a lot more credulous than we are, or that your standards are a lot less sophisticated in terms of what can actually be demonstrated as truth. If this is an incorrect assessment, then you need to provide some evidence which can't be refuted. I would hope others demand the same of me for claims I make, because I don't trust my feelings or intuition any more than I trust yours.
Would I say I believe in the Illuminati? No, not particularly. But there are some fishy things that seem to be something along the lines of what people would call the "Illuminati". Look up the Bilderberg Group.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(May 1, 2013 at 4:43 pm)Ryantology Wrote: I would think that a cabal aiming to dominate the entire world leaves some sort of paper trail or solid evidence around. All I ever see are people who are know the Illuminati are real.

If there is no evidence to satisfy our skepticism, then why the hell are you not only sure they exist, but you are sure of their aims, their goals, and their alleged satanic rituals? It sounds a lot like you're just a lot more credulous than we are, or that your standards are a lot less sophisticated in terms of what can actually be demonstrated as truth. If this is an incorrect assessment, then you need to provide some evidence which can't be refuted. I would hope others demand the same of me for claims I make, because I don't trust my feelings or intuition any more than I trust yours.

As I repeat, what kind of evidence would satisfy you? What would you consider as irrefutable? What you might view as irrefutable might seem ridiculous to the next person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you vote for it and is it fair, to have the Illuminati pay their share? Greatest I am 22 7707 April 28, 2013 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am