Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who created god?
Who created god?
Now, for the believer who simply accepts that there really is no proof of a personal god, and that faith is your sole reason for believing in one, rather than logic or reason, this question really isn't for you.

This question is for the believer who feels as if logic and reason have led to and justified his/her faith. Most people who fall into this category argue that existence itself is evidence of a personal god.

If that is your argument, then you must also conclude that god's existence is evidence of his creator. And, with that, we find ourselves, once again, facing yet another question leading to a question that leads to another question.... and so on infinitely.

With that in mind, I would like to see the most compelling arguments Theists can come up with addressing this rather obvious dilemma.
[Image: earthp.jpg]
RE: Who created god?
[Image: $(KGrHqV,!l0E9KC(hgvsBPurJe,!d!~~60_35.JPG]
"Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool." - Mark Twain.
special pleading Wrote:He always existed

circular reasoning Wrote:The bible says...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(May 1, 2013 at 6:13 pm)Darkstar Wrote:
special pleading Wrote:He always existed

circular reasoning Wrote:The bible says...

Either that, or a + b = Allah.
So...when "moses" brought the "law" down from Mt. Sinai, god was just fucking around? He didn't mean it? He had to send a whole shitload of other assholes after him to get his point across?

WTF kind of a god is that?
You were on your way to pose a truly novel question... and then went the other way...

If there is nor ever was any direct physical interaction with, but one can reason logically and come to the conclusion that god exists.... who was the first person to reason like this and arrive at this conclusion? Who was the human that, for all intents and purposes, created the concept of god?

Corollary question: and how did he manage to convince others of that?!
(May 2, 2013 at 11:55 am)pocaracas Wrote: You were on your way to pose a truly novel question... and then went the other way...

If there is nor ever was any direct physical interaction with, but one can reason logically and come to the conclusion that god exists.... who was the first person to reason like this and arrive at this conclusion? Who was the human that, for all intents and purposes, created the concept of god?

Corollary question: and how did he manage to convince others of that?!

Most of my posts are aimed at getting the religious person to ask the kinds of critical questions they otherwise never think to ask.

If you ask a religious person, which human being invented religion, they will reject the premise altogether.

"Human beings didn't invent religion, god did!"

Where do you go from there?

However, if you pose questions that, for the sake of argument, accept certain elements of their beliefs, you can sometimes get them to recognize dead ends, inconsistencies, and other dilemmas that there beliefs introduce.

When a religious person says, "man must have a creator", I like to test the limits of that logic.

Maybe that's not a novel question, but I think it can make for a very interesting discussion if you can get a Theist to address it.

So far, it appears the question itself is too challenging to field.
[Image: earthp.jpg]
While your question was for Tex and the like... mine was for fr0d0 and the like. Wink when they read, they'll get it...
God says He was not created, He says he's from everlasting to everlasting, this claim by God means He has always been. God doesn't operate on your feeble logic, being omniscient He operates on the greater knowledge. Simple really.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've Created a New Religion Rhondazvous 11 1765 October 12, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: chimp3
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20807 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19363 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  When was evil created? Baalzebutt 26 6878 April 4, 2013 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God created the world in 7 days. Define "Day" Cerrone 45 18200 September 24, 2010 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  What/Who created God? tavarish 205 62712 August 8, 2010 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Was at least the first life form created? rjh4 is back 102 51915 November 2, 2009 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb