Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concept of God (In-depth)
Concept of God (In-depth)
http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=com_...mid=97%29.

Peace.

Note: Credit to IRF, who i have spreaded the message from. Have a look at their website if you want.
RE: Concept of God (In-depth)
http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=com_...&Itemid=97

C&P much?
(May 2, 2013 at 2:09 pm)John V Wrote: http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=com_...&Itemid=97

C&P much?

Same website as the material from other thread too.
EDIT: Other threads.

I doubt this will last long.
and through the textwall, you have defined nothing about your god except to say he is unique.

How about some DEFINITE QUALITIES such as:

he is all powerful
he has red hair and freckles
his penis is 3.62cm long
he has the power to create something from nothing
he likes illiterate sheepfuckers

be specific about his attributes
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(May 2, 2013 at 2:47 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: he likes illiterate sheepfuckers

You know what they say -- fuck one sheep and you're a "sheepfucker" for life.

Don't ask me how I know this.
Like I haven't seen this before...
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
Concise: I don't think that word means what you think it means.
(May 2, 2013 at 3:01 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Concise: I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I read the OP as:

CONCEPT OF GOD

(A) God is a wall of text.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
If brevity is the soul of wit, tedium is the soul of shit.
(May 2, 2013 at 2:47 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: and through the textwall, you have defined nothing about your god except to say he is unique.

How about some DEFINITE QUALITIES such as:

he is all powerful
he has red hair and freckles
his penis is 3.62cm long
he has the power to create something from nothing
he likes illiterate sheepfuckers

be specific about his attributes

Listen, i think there were enough in the thread for you to know the ridiculous qualities which you gave are nonsense, except from, he is all powerful and allah has the power to create something from nothing. You must realise that god has chosen prophets who weren't illiterate, and had gained high status in the land/country, for example yusuf. So to say that he likes illiterate sheepfuckers is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The concept of atonement Foxaèr 11 1506 November 26, 2022 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Question about the whole NDE concept and Dr. Jeffrey Long Violeta-1998 51 7011 November 21, 2016 at 10:23 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  I Really Hate The Concept Of Free Will Nope 84 13658 December 4, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Schwa
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19335 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Op/ed, violence and god as a broken concept Brian37 16 5801 December 18, 2012 at 3:42 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Op/ED g/God, broken concept Brian37 45 17411 September 14, 2012 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Gods plan is flawed as is the concept of god itself! chatpilot 50 23113 March 2, 2010 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: tavarish