Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astrology proven to be scientific (according to M. Adams)
Astrology proven to be scientific (according to M. Adams)
Mike Adams states in an article on Natural News:
"Skeptics must be further bewildered by the new research (...) which unintentionally provides scientific support for the fundamental principle of astrology -- namely, that the position of the planets at the birth month impact personality; it also resulted in measurable functional changes in the brain. (...)
Once again, such an idea sounds preposterous to the scientifically trained, unless of course they discover it for themselves, at which point it's all suddenly very "scientific." Instead of calling it "astrology," they're now referring to it as "seasonal biology.""

The study Mr. Adams is referring to (without a link), states in the abstract:
"we found that the perinatal photoperiod [i.e. duration of an organism's daily exposure to light, considered especially with regard to the effect of the exposure on growth and development] has lasting effects on the circadian rhythms [i.e. physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness] expressed by clock neurons as well as on mouse behavior, and sets the responsiveness of the biological clock to subsequent changes in photoperiod. These developmental gene × environment interactions tune circadian clock responses to subsequent seasonal photoperiods and may contribute to the influence of season on neurobehavioral disorders in humans."
(Ciarleglio, C.M., J.C. Axley, B.R. Strauss et al. (2010), "Perinatal photoperiod imprints the circadian clock", Nature Neuroscience 14, pp. 25 - 27)

He then shows how to discredit 'real science' (whilst using a scientific study in the second paragraph, quoting Carl Sagan and mentioning quantum physics in the last paragraph), in order to conclude:
"The relationship between the Earth, Moon and Sun naturally alter light exposure, temperature, gravitational pull and other conditions that may be sensed by living organisms. To believe in astrology, all that's really required is to grasp the basic concepts of the interrelationships between all living things [the study does only talk about mice]. (...)
And finally, modern science is beginning to catch up to this greater truth that astrologers have known since the dawn of human existence on our tiny planet."
(Adams, M. (12/11/2013), "Principle of astrology proven to be scientific: planetary position imprints biological clocks of mammals", http://www.naturalnews.com/030698_astrol...z2SDhBZV00)

Well, it seems that astrologers have finally found a legitimate basis for their practice, don't you think?

PS: The text between square brackets is added by me.
RE: Astrology proven to be scientific (according to M. Adams)

Little known fact. NaturalNews is actually owned and operated by a Taiwanese corporation.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 3, 2013 at 4:41 pm)Luminox Wrote: Once again, such an idea sounds preposterous to the scientifically trained, unless of course they discover it for themselves, at which point it's all suddenly very "scientific." Instead of calling it "astrology," they're now referring to it as "seasonal biology.""

Sounds like an Onion article to me.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Quote:Sounds like an Onion article to me.

What is an Onion article?
(May 4, 2013 at 7:23 am)Luminox Wrote: What is an Onion article?

Here, knock yourself out:
http://www.theonion.com/

If you feel those articles seem too legit, but something's not quite right, you're not alone:
Iran's news agency portrays satirical Onion story as its own
Thank you for the link.
I have to say that, when I read some headlines on the news page, I was baffled by the content of it. I am relieved that it is just a satirical website.
Nevertheless, I must conclude that Mr. Adams is very serious about his article.
Seasons =/= Planets and Constellations.

Really, I'm not too sure what else can be said other than that.
This man got a problem.
How we can be a scientist if we believe in that ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it cringy to point out that astrology is fake? Sicnoo0 44 3589 September 30, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you believe in astrology? Porcupine 30 4968 December 12, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: nathan5
  Astrology: What's your Thoughts? RiddledWithFear 53 6856 December 7, 2016 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Astrology challange. purplepurpose 192 38483 December 6, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Astrology? IAOALGIV 375 39664 January 16, 2016 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  scientific fact of the Divine subtlecalmingflow 33 16908 July 18, 2012 at 7:15 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  World will not end in 2012, according to 9th-century Mayan calendar Ryft 11 5588 June 17, 2012 at 8:35 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Bombay High Court Rules Astrology To Be a Science Jaysyn 16 5608 February 15, 2011 at 5:14 am
Last Post: D.S.M.