Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thiests: This how atheists see religion
Thiests: This how atheists see religion
[Image: 945727_179718945515952_2051182910_n.jpg]
More or less, its how I see Religion anyway.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Thiests: This how atheists see religion
That's how I see religion too. Comrade ;)
I see religion as a mass brainwashing. I sometimes see religious people as victims of brainwashing too. Indoctrination=mind constipation...its all just shit
James 1:7 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. / In other words participating in the worldly complicated religious practices of men, will end in coruption, but to independently practice charity towards the less fortunate is simple and pure and therefore honourable.
Religion isn't your enemy... the Space Muslims are your enemy. Using every logics slot on a planet for temples of communion? TT__TT

Winning with culture is sickening.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I do not support your notions on religion.

Religion (ri-'li-jən):
"a personal set or institutionalized system of religious [i.e. relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity] attitudes, beliefs, and practices"
(Merriam-Webster)
(May 4, 2013 at 2:42 pm)Luminox Wrote: I do not support your notions on religion.

Religion (ri-'li-jən):
"a personal set or institutionalized system of religious [i.e. relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity] attitudes, beliefs, and practices"
(Merriam-Webster)

By a definition which explains precisely what it is the OP explains... you do not support it ROFLOL

Man, do you even try? My pinky toe could do better.
(May 4, 2013 at 2:45 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:
(May 4, 2013 at 2:42 pm)Luminox Wrote: I do not support your notions on religion.

Religion (ri-'li-jən):
(Merriam-Webster)

By a definition which explains precisely what it is the OP explains... you do not support it ROFLOL

Man, do you even try? My pinky toe could do better.

Allow me to elaborate my viewpoint:

I do not support the notion that atheists in general see religion and most of its members as enemies, nor do I support the notion that atheists should do efforts to save/deconvert the minds of religious people.
(May 4, 2013 at 2:55 pm)Luminox Wrote: Allow me to elaborate my viewpoint:

Like I'd stop you? Sleepy

Quote:I do not support the notion that atheists in general see religion and most of its members as enemies, nor do I support the notion that atheists should do efforts to save/deconvert the minds of religious people.

And yet, a quick perusal of a random selection of religious topics here would suggest that indeed, atheists generally do see religion and most of it's members as 'enemies' of a sort Smile

I don't support such 'notions' either... but I don't see much reason to tell them "I do not support your notions!" blankly, followed by a definition which tells them nothing. Simply: if you've got an opinion... share it, don't leave us in suspense. Capiche? Smile
I assumed that the definition of 'religion' would demonstrate that the notions held by the poster are not justified, i.e. the notions as such do not follow from it.
It was only after your input that I noticed further elaboration was required.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How atheists can enjoy religion Ahriman 100 7503 September 5, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Todji812
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5202 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  We can only see 4% of the universe ! WinterHold 25 2830 January 30, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  How many churches/mosques/temples do you see everyday? Casca 23 2913 October 25, 2016 at 11:38 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Do you see any benefits to religious faith? Mudhammam 228 30647 September 22, 2016 at 10:48 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10699 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all atheists this ill-informed about religion? Delicate 860 137936 January 19, 2016 at 12:03 am
Last Post: IATIA
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4893 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Exposing the Intellectual Bankruptcy of Atheists Criticizing Religion Delicate 500 108871 January 5, 2016 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "I can't see the wishom behind babies dying from cancer" is argument from ignorance ReptilianPeon 16 4126 December 7, 2015 at 1:06 am
Last Post: vorlon13