Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jewish crackpots get hysterical in Scotland
Jewish crackpots get hysterical in Scotland
Scottish Church denial of Jewish land rights stirs ire

Scottish Jewish community furious over paper rejecting Jewish claims of Israel; says report "reads like Inquisition-era polemic".

Scottish Jews said they were “outraged” by a recent Church of Scotland paper which denies Jews any special claim to the land of Israel.

The paper, entitled “The Inheritance of Abraham,” rejects "claims that scripture offers any peoples a privileged claim for possession of a particular territory.” The paper further states that “reconciliation can only be possible if the Israeli military occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem and the blockade of Gaza are ended.”

The report was published online this week by the Church and Society Council of the Church of Scotland ahead of the church's general assembly on May 18. The report's introduction describes it as the council's "latest reflection on the ‘questions that need to be faced,' as the political and humanitarian situation in the Holy Land continues to be a source of pain and concern for us all."

While the 10-page report does not mention the upcoming meeting, its final chapter, entitled "Proposed Deliverance," calls on the church to "urge the UK Government and the European Union to use pressure to stop further expansion of Israeli settlements in the Occupied West Bank."

The Scottish Council of Jewish Communities said Friday that the paper is “an outrage to everything that interfaith dialogue stands for” and “reads like an Inquisition-era polemic against Jews and Judaism.”

"The arrogance of telling the Jewish people how to interpret Jewish texts and Jewish theology is breathtaking,” the Jewish council said.

The council further declared that the paper “closes the door on meaningful dialogue” and called on the church to withdraw it ahead of its forthcoming General Assembly.
Re: Jewish crackpots get hysterical in Scotland
There are Jews in Scotland???
RE: Jewish crackpots get hysterical in Scotland
(May 5, 2013 at 9:02 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: There are Jews in Scotland???

It is the only country in Europe with no history of picking on Jews.
(May 5, 2013 at 9:17 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: It is the only country in Europe with no history of picking on Jews.

The shit I learn at AF. Before now I would have never considered Lichtenstein and Andorra Jew hating states. Thanks Nony.
(May 5, 2013 at 10:20 pm)cato123 Wrote:
(May 5, 2013 at 9:17 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: It is the only country in Europe with no history of picking on Jews.

The shit I learn at AF. Before now I would have never considered Lichtenstein and Andorra Jew hating states. Thanks Nony.

Always happy to add to your knowledge.
(May 5, 2013 at 9:17 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote:
(May 5, 2013 at 9:02 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: There are Jews in Scotland???

It is the only country in Europe with no history of picking on Jews.

That may change.
Are you guys planning on moving there or something?

Wikipedia Wrote:The Church and Nation Committee was founded in 1919. In its early days, the Committee promoted an anti-Roman Catholic agenda. Under the leadership of the Rev John White in 1923, the Committee published a highly-controversial (and since-repudiated) report entitled "The Menace of the Irish Race to our Scottish Nationality." The report accused Roman Catholics of Irish birth or descent of being part of a conspiracy to subvert Presbyterian values and of being the principal cause of drunkenness, crime and financial imprudence.

In 2002, however, the General Assembly passed a resolution that "regrets any part played in sectarianism by our church in the past and affirm our support for future moves towards a more tolerant society".

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 5, 2013 at 10:34 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

That may change.

And?

(May 6, 2013 at 12:04 am)apophenia Wrote:

Wikipedia Wrote:The Church and Nation Committee was founded in 1919. In its early days, the Committee promoted an anti-Roman Catholic agenda. Under the leadership of the Rev John White in 1923, the Committee published a highly-controversial (and since-repudiated) report entitled "The Menace of the Irish Race to our Scottish Nationality." The report accused Roman Catholics of Irish birth or descent of being part of a conspiracy to subvert Presbyterian values and of being the principal cause of drunkenness, crime and financial imprudence.

In 2002, however, the General Assembly passed a resolution that "regrets any part played in sectarianism by our church in the past and affirm our support for future moves towards a more tolerant society".

So when it comes to being picked on the Jews will have to get in line after the Catholics. Everyone else who wants to get picked on will also have to take a number.
The vehement suport of zionism by "christiandom" is neither found in the Hebrew Old Testiment or the Greek New Testiment, Cyrus Scofeilds deliberately distorted 1909 reference Bible and its several clones since, are mostly responsible for this fictitious understanding of scripture, however some Christians are wakeing up, and the truth is starting to surface, therefore the west is biggining to see zionism for the fraud which it is !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7172 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Drink drive limit change in Scotland lifesagift 13 2677 December 7, 2014 at 5:25 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Is Scotland lifesagift 8 1832 September 17, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: lifesagift
  Why were top nazi officials Jewish? I and I 20 4659 January 2, 2014 at 11:35 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  The biblical exodus and the Biblical Jewish kingdom. I and I 33 7545 December 12, 2013 at 12:08 am
Last Post: I and I
  the eventual circumcision ban, and the german jewish communitie Something completely different 7 2941 September 28, 2012 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Whatkins
  Same-sex Marriage in Scotland Gooders1002 10 4296 July 27, 2012 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Independence could revitalise Scotland – and England too frankiej 9 3741 February 4, 2012 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: RW_9
  Viking Boat Burial in Scotland thesummerqueen 1 862 October 19, 2011 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus