Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothingness
Nothingness
I am a Muslim and student of philosophy and comparative religions. I am doing a research work and part of my activities is to surf on different religious sites in order to read people’s religious and non-religious opinions about God. I had been surfing on different religious sites like “Reasonable Faith, Christian site run by Dr. William Craig”, “IRF, Muslim site run by Dr. Zakir Naik”, and some other religious sites including Hinduism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Jainism, etc.

It is something shameful what I find on the “atheist” site that I have not met on any religious site. It is the use of extreme vulgar language and disrespect to each other. We can argue on each other’s point of view but argument doesn’t mean use of language that is reprehensible and inhumane.

What I found after reading many threads on this site as if the real joy and pleasure of an atheist is to tease and degrade a person, who has faith in God, down to the level of low life, which is an act of extreme immorality. As if atheist is a little boy, who has pushed his fingers into his ears and starts shouting loudly for the purpose to humiliate the speaker and this act of his becomes the source of his pleasure. In atheism, I feel there is zero tolerance among its followers. To devaluate a person and run away mischievously is very easy compared to stand firm and answer with reasons by being within the limits of respect and grace. We are here to learn from each other not to kill each other. Anyway, knowing all possible harsh consequences in response to my critique on atheism, I still dare to post a question here in hope to enter in a healthy discussion instead of receiving shocking words.

Question:
Atheist believes Universe pops out of nothing.

Is there any atheist in the world who can explain what exactly is “NOTHINGNESS or NIHILISM?”

Cheers
RE: Nothingness
Quote:use of language that is reprehensible and inhumane.
You mean the language your God gave us?

Quote:Atheist believes Universe pops out of nothing.
Wrong. Whilst some atheists may believe this: it is not atheism.
Atheism is simply disbelief in a deity. You force us to parrot this line so often that some of the people around here are starting to think it's a dogma.

Quote:Is there any atheist in the world who can explain what exactly is “NOTHINGNESS or NIHILISM?”
I don't actually understand this question... Undecided
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
After all the loaded excrement you managed to put into your post, I have only one response that you deserve:

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Joel Wrote:You mean the language your God gave us?

Look dear, it doesn’t matter who made the language or who made a knife. However, it does matter how someone use the language or a knife. With knife, you can cut a bread and share it with your friends or with the same knife you tear someone’s tummy in order to get what he owned. Law will punish you for your crime not the manufacturer of the knife. Be logical.

Quote:Atheist believes Universe pops out of nothing.

Joel Wrote:Wrong. Whilst some atheists may believe this: it is not atheism.

So, what is atheism’s view about beginning of Universe? If according to you Universe don’t pops out of nothingness then what is the source of its Origin?
(May 6, 2013 at 4:37 pm)Harris Wrote: Look dear

Harris, huh?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 6, 2013 at 4:37 pm)Harris Wrote: So, what is atheism’s view about beginning of Universe?

Once more, atheism is only about the stance one takes regarding gods. An atheist does not believe in gods. That has nothing to do with how the universe came into being.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 6, 2013 at 3:54 pm)Harris Wrote: It is something shameful what I find on the “atheist” site that I have not met on any religious site. It is the use of extreme vulgar language and disrespect to each other. We can argue on each other’s point of view but argument doesn’t mean use of language that is reprehensible and inhumane.

The religious harp on about an eternity of torture for people and even think its a good thing, but think a few 'naughty' words are awful. Most of the words are about sex or sexual organs anyway. So unless you find human reproduction inhumane I see no reason to moan about it.

(May 6, 2013 at 3:54 pm)Harris Wrote: What I found after reading many threads on this site as if the real joy and pleasure of an atheist is to tease and degrade a person, who has faith in God, down to the level of low life, which is an act of extreme immorality. As if atheist is a little boy, who has pushed his fingers into his ears and starts shouting loudly for the purpose to humiliate the speaker and this act of his becomes the source of his pleasure. In atheism, I feel there is zero tolerance among its followers. To devaluate a person and run away mischievously is very easy compared to stand firm and answer with reasons by being within the limits of respect and grace. We are here to learn from each other not to kill each other. Anyway, knowing all possible harsh consequences in response to my critique on atheism, I still dare to post a question here in hope to enter in a healthy discussion instead of receiving shocking words.

[Image: 225px-Ducreuxyawn.jpg]

(May 6, 2013 at 3:54 pm)Harris Wrote: Question:
Atheist believes Universe pops out of nothing.

I do? I'm pretty sure I don't know where it came from. I just don't blame magic creatures who want to hurt me if I don't believe in them for no reason.
(May 6, 2013 at 4:37 pm)Harris Wrote: Look dear, it doesn’t matter who made the language or who made a knife. However, it does matter how someone use the language or a knife. With knife, you can cut a bread and share it with your friends or with the same knife you tear someone’s tummy in order to get what he owned. Law will punish you for your crime not the manufacturer of the knife. Be logical.]
Sure it matters. The 'inhumane' language you speak of is always inhumane and doesn't have any 'good' uses. Knives were created for good use, and are misused to harm people.
Quote:So, what is atheism’s view about beginning of Universe? If according to you Universe don’t pops out of nothingness then what is the source of its Origin?

This has been answered already.
There isn't an atheist view of the beginning of the universe.
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
(May 6, 2013 at 4:46 pm)Joel Wrote: Sure it matters. The 'inhumane' language you speak of is always inhumane and doesn't have any 'good' uses. Knives were created for good use, and are misused to harm people.

I believe this so called "inhumane" language does have good uses... mainly in comedy. If I can make someone laugh with words, then that is good to me, regardless of topic.

Although, since you quoted "good", I really have no idea what you meant by it. Tongue
Cunt
Words only have the power that we allow them to. If vulgar language bothers you, ignore it. We value freedom of speech too much to try and regulate the words that people use.

As for the hostility, it is hard for some people to be polite to others that believe that atheists are immoral and deserve to burn in hell for eternity. Such beliefs are equally offensive as calling someone an "asshole," only they are weakly draped in the guise of religious dogma.

As for where the universe came from, I don't know, but that doesn't mean that god did it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Intelligence,” OUT OF NOTHINGNESS! Harris 150 31581 August 5, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Cyberman