Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Parody Dead? -Nostalgia Critic
Is Parody Dead? -Nostalgia Critic
So, I dunno how many people here know of the Nostalgia Critic, or if indeed anyone here does. I've been watching his videos for a while now, and while I love most of his stuff, there are times he REALLY hits the nail on the head. This one in particular did it for me.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videoli...arody-dead

Unfortunately there's no Blip.TV option on this forum so you'll have to go offsite to watch the review, but still, it's really worth checking out, especially if you're like me and find the endless onslaught of extremely stupid, boring, and unfunny "[Genre] Movie movies," you know, like Epic Movie or Meet the Spartans or shit like that, to be completely perplexing and obnoxious.

Myself, I remember when Scary Movie first came out and I honestly found it to be a one-trick pony. Watched it once, it was hilarious, watched it twice, it suddenly stopped being entertaining. Yet the fact they keep putting them out and people keep going to see them just leaves me scratching my head and going "you guys never laugh...yet you keep going to see them...why??"

Anyhoo, that's just my [and Doug's] two cents.
RE: Is Parody Dead? -Nostalgia Critic
I love Doug! He might be obnoxiously loud at times, but he's reviews are usually spot-on. I especially like his 'Old vs. New' series. And not to mention Chester A. Bum Big Grin

I'm at work, so I'll give my input regarding the video as soon as I get home. Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Is Parody Dead? -Nostalgia Critic
Well his character can be that way, though Doug himself is actually a lot more low-key and mellow. He's also a hell of an awesome guy, managed to talk to him for a couple hours at a con a couple years ago. Had a very fun discussion with him about the writing in movies, and how the writing in a show and the writing in a book are both radically different and drastically similar in many ways.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nostalgia 3 Carl Hickey 5 783 July 30, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Nostalgia 2 WinterHold 2 663 May 27, 2023 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Nostalgia. WinterHold 11 1143 May 14, 2023 at 11:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  90's Music Nostalgia BrokenQuill92 15 2162 January 4, 2014 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Slavoj Žižek parody - The Perverted Dance (Cut The Balls) Pretzel Logic 0 1564 October 31, 2013 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Pretzel Logic
Wink ROFL! I'm obama Parody Big Blue Sky 3 2012 June 20, 2013 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Big Blue Sky
  Star Wars Parody Webcomic thesummerqueen 2 2297 October 17, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Rick Perry Parody (you're going to love this...if you haven't already seen it) LarissaAnn 2 1555 January 5, 2012 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Whateverist
Video Hitler finds out God doesnt exist (parody) timesnewroman 3 1671 June 3, 2010 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13