Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Born A Heathen
Born A Heathen
I was born a nonbeliever, and I stayed that way because my parents never tried to cram religion down my throat. It only reinforces my understanding of how humans adopt religion. Religion is not freely chosen by most. For most, they are fed religion as absolute fact when we don't know any better, and when we grow older, since religion is the foundation we built our lives on, we dare not remove it for fear of our entire lives becoming broken. It is easy to accept answers for everything. It is difficult to search for the real ones.
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty." ~ Albert Einstein
RE: Born A Heathen
Howdy!
Cunt
Welcome. Big Grin
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Welcome...blah blah blah... Game on
Yeah, try to convince a theist of that.

Welcome to the show!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
Couldn't agree with you more. Welcome, dude Smile
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

Quote:I was born a nonbeliever

We are all born non-believers. That rarely survives contact with idiot parents/churches who insist on cramming their bullshit down our throats.

Fortunately, it can be overcome.
Welcome to AF. I am looking forward to your future threads.
May I ask, why you are an (Anti)-theist/against the belief in creation by one God, opposed to an atheist who believes their is no God, you see you can not be against something if you dont believe it exists, based on what you have written, I "think" you are Anti-religious and wrightly so, as all religions especially "christiandom" are completely corrupted and defiled and spread nothing but lies and deceit, the irony is this portrayal of religion I write you is scriptual, go figure !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Back after a loooong break...don't worry; still a heathen mediocrates 19 1228 June 28, 2020 at 3:56 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New heathen scum qb1base 13 1036 May 22, 2019 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: qb1base
  Greetings Godless Heathen Sodomites. Darwins Disciple 40 6411 July 31, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Your everyday heathen invalid 2 540 May 3, 2018 at 4:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hi folks, I am a Godless Heathen Godless-Heathen 34 3239 May 17, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Heathen Arrives Degenhardt 18 2092 August 3, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Tongue Greetings from a godless heathen! WWJD? ;p Nobody 10 2292 February 24, 2013 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Nobody
  Born an Atheist TarShoduze 10 2379 December 15, 2012 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: TarShoduze
  Born-Again Atheist NoMoreFaith 10 2532 February 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  New Heathen Xalis 11 2960 July 21, 2011 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Violet