Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like to say Hi!
Would like to say Hi!
Hey guys!

My name's Michael and I just wanted to say hey before I begin posting throughout the forum. Growing up in a family of Catholics, god was a pretty big part of my life. However I did manage to resist the urge to sell my soul to either god or the devil and found Atheism. I am now a gentle heathen that loves to interact on the net. I have only recently began spreading my own messages and interacting via the internet but it's a lot of fun to find so many of us around.

Atheism for me is a very important aspect of my life. Because it allows me to cherish life in the here and now, and not allow it to seep away thinking I will have eternal life after I'm dead. It disappoints me when people mistake Atheism for a religion, because this shows they just do not understand what it actually is. I am dead-set against any sort of teaching of religion on children. It is unfair to brainwash them into being afraid of something, but at the same time, love that something. It's important that humanity allows children to make up their own minds in order for generations to succeed.

We have science, we understand things we did not understand before. We should stop living upon the ideals of ancient misogynistic men and believe what we see in the here and now.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to chatting with you all in the forums.

- DeardoG
Follow me on my new Twitter account by clicking here. I follow back all fellow Atheists to help spread our own opinions Smile

RE: Would like to say Hi!
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Welcome, you recovering Catholic you.
Welcome
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Hi, Mike.

Don't worry about Chad. He's one of those 'protestants' the nuns warned you about!

Too bad they never warned little kids about the priests, eh?
Welcome
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome

I bet that you, just like me, got water splashed on the forhead when you were just a baby... They start us young. I only got to first communion, when I tasted those bland unleaven bread wafers, I said "That's it, I'm going atheist!" Big Grin
Wecome! The more, the merrier.
Thinking
I'd like to just go ahead and say goodbye, but that'd be rude as all hell, and you don't really deserve it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reP-dunjOVg

Welcome Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought id come back and say dyresand 7 1225 December 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Say hello to Allie Jackalope 17 2891 December 20, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
Tongue Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating. MountainsWinAgain 16 3196 May 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Just wanted to say hello Lemonvariable72 8 2405 August 28, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Better say hello, hadn't I! sydneys 15 3432 September 30, 2012 at 10:59 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Just thought I'd say hello ... AeroJ 13 3890 August 18, 2012 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
Wink Just to say... Hey. :) Pearls a stinger 10 3193 April 14, 2012 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Michelle_Patton
  New to the forum, just wanted to say hi! Pj1008 12 3154 April 4, 2012 at 8:09 am
Last Post: NoMoreFaith
  I'd like to say.... VanBlane 15 3960 March 15, 2012 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Gawdzilla here, say good bye to Tokyo. Gawdzilla 50 11352 April 24, 2011 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla