Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Greetings
First time poster, long time lurker. I've been a gnostic atheist for the past 4.5 years. I was a christian (pentecostal) and now am free from the glorified delusion which is religious faith. Hope I like it here and make some friends, too Big Grin
RE: Greetings
Welcome.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'm gonna call you FIG'd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb7GNu3NN-E
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome Enjoy the forums.
Hi there!
(May 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm)Faith Is Glorified Delusion Wrote: First time poster, long time lurker. I've been a gnostic atheist for the past 4.5 years. I was a christian (pentecostal) and now am free from the glorified delusion which is religious faith. Hope I like it here and make some friends, too Big Grin

Howdy, FiGD. We have many European posters who would not know a pentecostal from any other branch of jesus-driven fuckwittery so, to help them see what you escaped from......

Unfortunately, this also proves that white people can't dance for shit......
So you claim to have 100% certainty there's no god? Mucho interesanto.

Welcome! Tongue
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(May 11, 2013 at 5:09 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: I'm gonna call you FIG'd.

Thanks. That'll work. Big Grin

(May 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(May 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm)Faith Is Glorified Delusion Wrote: First time poster, long time lurker. I've been a gnostic atheist for the past 4.5 years. I was a christian (pentecostal) and now am free from the glorified delusion which is religious faith. Hope I like it here and make some friends, too Big Grin

Howdy, FiGD. We have many European posters who would not know a pentecostal from any other branch of jesus-driven fuckwittery so, to help them see what you escaped from......

Unfortunately, this also proves that white people can't dance for shit......

LOL My pentecostal experiences were pretty insane... but not THAT insane..ROFLOL

(May 11, 2013 at 6:48 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: So you claim to have 100% certainty there's no god? Mucho interesanto.

Welcome! Tongue

Well I don't claim to have absolute certainty of anything - but when it comes to gods I'd say 99.98% certainty. So - damn near close. But I would discuss this on another thread.Cool Shades

And thanks everybody for the greetings. I appreciate it.Smile
Welcome
(May 11, 2013 at 8:15 pm)Faith Is Glorified Delusion Wrote: Well I don't claim to have absolute certainty of anything - but when it comes to gods I'd say 99.98% certainty. So - damn near close. But I would discuss this on another thread.Cool Shades

Just to note that knowledge and certainty are not the same. But, I suppose if one were 100% certain, they would also claim to "know" would they not?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Welcome

FYI - Pentecostals are closet Anglicans.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 723 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1161 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 800 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1271 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1226 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1221 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2761 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 985 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm