Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie !! My reason for joining
Newbie !! My reason for joining
Hi Guys !

I am an engineering student who is still living at home with the rents in Dublin. I love music, mountain biking and pretty much anything outdoorsy. My little brother is seven and he just made his Communion. I had to watch my family brainwash my little buddy for the past few weeks, turning his brain to mush. And i have no one at home or around that is of the same frame of mind as me. I am VERY new to forums but i need to chat to other level headed, intelligent, free thinking individuals or i will go nuts!

Glad to be on board and posting ! (first post woohoo).
Any tips on how to be more forum savvy would be much appreciated !
Cheers folks ![/quote][/font]
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
Richard Dawkins

RE: Newbie !! My reason for joining
Welcome, and enjoy your stay!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Don't worry lad...when some jesus freak shows up sprinkling jesus dust around you'll know what to do.
Stick around, get to know intimately why you don't believe what they do, and have fun being free! My condolences to your little brotherWink At least he has you
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome

I was new to forums when I first joined here too.

You can find some useful information here: Link (and, uh..don't post in any of the threads on that page. I'm actually not sure why they aren't all locked...)

The rest comes with experience.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(May 12, 2013 at 7:53 pm)Gnosis Wrote: ...free thinking individuals
Welcome....but free thinking may be a bit of a stretch. In a deterministic physical universe, 'free' doesn't really apply. If you're into that sorta thing.
Psst: Chad is one of those jesus freaks I warned you about!
Re: RE: Newbie !! My reason for joining
(May 12, 2013 at 7:53 pm)Gnosis Wrote: (first post woohoo).

Ahem.. 2nd post! :)

Welcome aboard!
Welcome

I joined to make new friends myself. I am deployed overseas, which sucks!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, AD web hosting suspended for some reason adey67 35 2418 September 23, 2023 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3231 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The only reason I became Mormon was because I snuck a taste of "Funeral Potatoes!" 😁 HankMoody316 10 1745 November 8, 2022 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 809 September 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 906 September 9, 2022 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Lucian
  Hi from a newbie here TrueNorth 16 1198 August 10, 2022 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Another newbie:) Agnostic1 7 899 November 18, 2021 at 10:12 am
Last Post: T.J.
  I'm a newbie here..😉 KittyAnn 58 7609 November 7, 2017 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Bug a confused newbie Katia81 19 1692 April 6, 2017 at 6:49 am