Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from the middle of bible thumper USA
Hi from the middle of bible thumper USA
I thought I would make a short introduction before getting started on this site. I am a CPA (for those outside of the US it means I am a certified geek or known here in the states as a bean counter). I was married to a Christian who thought something was really wrong with me since I was an atheist. Now I am divorced. Things got better though. I am now unmarried but have own a home with my girlfriend who is a tenured biologist at a large university in the state and she has not once asked me to attend church.

I must admit another very important thing about myself. I am REPUBLICAN. Yes I know. I am atheist so how can I be a F'ing republican? Remember the first part of my introduction? I am a CPA. That means I have to look past the social and religious BS and realize that someone actually has to pay for all the pathetic freeloader, entitlement crap that the dems put out there.... Don't worry, that is the last of the politics in this post. There is plenty of time for that later.

Why am I here? Well, I live in Oklahoma and there just are not a lot of people to have Atheist conversations with here. I felt like an atheist forum would be a good place to find some good conversations.
RE: Hi from the middle of bible thumper USA
Quote:I am atheist so how can I be a F'ing republican?

I usually ascribe it to a personality flaw but at least you are an atheist.

Welcome.
Welcome

Being an atheist has nothing to do with political views, its just the big "no" answer to the question "Do you believe in god(s)?".

Enjoy the forums.
Democrat, republican.... to me, they're all the same: politicians.
btw, welcome! Smile
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Howdy!
(May 15, 2013 at 12:33 am)DavidOKC Wrote: I thought I would make a short introduction before getting started on this site. I am a CPA (for those outside of the US it means I am a certified geek or known here in the states as a bean counter). I was married to a Christian who thought something was really wrong with me since I was an atheist. Now I am divorced. Things got better though. I am now unmarried but have own a home with my girlfriend who is a tenured biologist at a large university in the state and she has not once asked me to attend church.

I must admit another very important thing about myself. I am REPUBLICAN. Yes I know. I am atheist so how can I be a F'ing republican? Remember the first part of my introduction? I am a CPA. That means I have to look past the social and religious BS and realize that someone actually has to pay for all the pathetic freeloader, entitlement crap that the dems put out there.... Don't worry, that is the last of the politics in this post. There is plenty of time for that later.

Why am I here? Well, I live in Oklahoma and there just are not a lot of people to have Atheist conversations with here. I felt like an atheist forum would be a good place to find some good conversations.

Glad you are here but your politics are proof that labels don't mean loyalty because I sure as hell am tired of the right blaming everybody else for what the 1%ers did. Oh and Look up Nick Hanour, he's a billionaire, and he says we are the "job creators", not him.
(May 15, 2013 at 12:33 am)DavidOKC Wrote: I must admit another very important thing about myself. I am REPUBLICAN. Yes I know. I am atheist so how can I be a F'ing republican?
I know quite a few atheist republicans. I'm a Libertarian myself.

Welcome to the forums. Big Grin
Howdy!
Cunt
Welcome aboard bud.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Edit: *Living in* Pennsylvania USA Easy Guns 27 3404 July 4, 2015 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Joods
Rainbow Brit Atheist Moving to USA AJHammet 25 4272 November 19, 2013 at 8:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  From the Middle East seeking_truth 11 1843 May 21, 2013 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  A middle eastern Atheists plea for help. Ibn Khuldoon 24 3666 February 6, 2013 at 5:02 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Atheist from south Florida (USA) Miami_Marlins_fan 9 3543 April 23, 2012 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Greetings All the way from the Middle East ! Hamany 21 6276 February 23, 2012 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: lilkanyon
  Hello from Missouri, USA Stucky 26 4049 September 29, 2011 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower
  Hello from Ohio USA kkaplan 7 2497 March 9, 2009 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Mark