Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from an exmuslim!
Hello from an exmuslim!
Hi all, or should I say, Salam Alaikom,

I am a 28/M born and living in saudi arabia. I've left islam about 4 years ago, and no one, ever, knows about this. I've joined AF hoping of making some friends to talk to, the past few years has been pretty lonely.

I'm moving to the UK in august to study for a masters degree (I've already got and accepted an offer), I'll try then to land a job in the UK or somewhere else, and never look back.

I need your prayers! Tongue
RE: Hello from an exmuslim!
Welcome, mota!
Here, in my country, "mota" means motorbike... that would be a nice avatar for you! Wink
Haha that's cool. It's bad though that I didn't ride one before, I guess I should start learning.
Thanks!
Howdy!
Cunt
Welcome.

Since you live in Saudi Arabia, are you concerned at all that someone might find out you were on an atheist sight?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 15, 2013 at 9:18 am)Faith No More Wrote: Welcome.

Since you live in Saudi Arabia, are you concerned at all that someone might find out you were on an atheist sight?

hmmm, a little bit. I mean, I don't want the public to know, they're my main concern, and that's why I haven't spoken to anyone. But the government here doesn't really care about us as long as we don't cause an uproar by insulting islam or one of its figures, as was the case for Hamza Kashgari, who's now in jail. In fact, the government is more concerned with the extremists, they are the ones who can affect the public.
In spanish mota means marijuana.

Have a good time in the UK.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

And muta means mud in Finnish! Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Oh wow, I never knew it's a popular word! Though mud may make me give the username a second thought. Big Grin

Thank you guys!
Welcome to our group, Mota. I hope we have what you're looking for. Excellent typed English, btw.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5938 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3621 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates