Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everybody!
Hello Everybody!
Hi friends!

I living in Istanbul. I grew up in a conservative household. I questioned religious beliefs that I was believe in it since my childhood and I realized that they are so ridiculous. So to speak no matter where you hold to stay in the your hands (So its everywhere is fall apart). I'm ungodly for nearly 2 years. But my family does not know it yet. Besides I like debate, exchange of ideas and philosophical/atheistic platforms. I'm happy to be among you.
RE: Hello Everybody!
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

karşılama!!!
Hullo! Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Welcome Enjoy the forums.
Re: Hello Everybody!
Hello and welcome :D
(May 16, 2013 at 4:06 am)Cosmic Perspective Wrote: Hi friends!

I living in Istanbul. I grew up in a conservative household. I questioned religious beliefs that I was believe in it since my childhood and I realized that they are so ridiculous. So to speak no matter where you hold to stay in the your hands (So its everywhere is fall apart). I'm ungodly for nearly 2 years. But my family does not know it yet. Besides I like debate, exchange of ideas and philosophical/atheistic platforms. I'm happy to be among you.

Be careful in all seriousness. Our fundies are bad in the states but it is mostly shouting and being disowned. I don't know what Turkey is like regarding the general public finding apostates.
Welcome, body! Stay strong, it gets better.
(May 16, 2013 at 7:07 am)Brian37 Wrote: I don't know what Turkey is like regarding the general public finding apostates.

I know islamic laws are spreading like wildfire in Turkey, don't know though their strictness level.
(is it just me or are we ex-Muslims flooding this place? Big Grin)

Hoşgeldin Cosmic Perspective Smile
Istanbul is a great place to be for atheists in Turkey, especially when compared to other posibilities. There are a lot of awesome freethinkers to be found in some parts. In which district of the city do you live in?

(May 16, 2013 at 9:19 am)mota Wrote:
(May 16, 2013 at 7:07 am)Brian37 Wrote: I don't know what Turkey is like regarding the general public finding apostates.

I know islamic laws are spreading like wildfire in Turkey, don't know though their strictness level.
Atheists in Turkey don't really face any legal prosecution, but great parts of the population are fairly intolerant when it comes to atheist and other minorities...
And I wouldn't say there are Islamic laws in Turkey, it's a lot more subtle than that. The regime is very obviously pro-Islam and they are slowly encouraging a re-Islamization without mentioning Sharia or anything similar. If they were to talk about jihad, hand-chopping or punishing atheists, they would never have such a broad support.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody Jasper 7 678 May 26, 2023 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everybody My Name Is JAG JAG 15 2025 October 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Hi, everybody Phoque 12 848 January 9, 2019 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Hello everybody! just came out as an atheist. JeffY 14 2603 April 24, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey everybody Llamabagel 19 2099 December 3, 2014 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Llamabagel
Thumbs Up Hi everybody Supermanbeer 8 1248 November 30, 2012 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Hello Everybody! Sami_23 26 5513 August 11, 2012 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Hello everybody! Geronimo 4 1104 July 20, 2012 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  hey everybody! inkslinginjedi 10 2148 November 9, 2011 at 5:31 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Hi everybody Ateo 9 2216 March 2, 2011 at 11:43 am