Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another ABBA thread for your torture.
Another ABBA thread for your torture.
Many will be pleased to know Waterloo Radio the facebook page and 24/7 ABBA music feed has announced it will be going off air Mon. Maybe you don't care, BUT I DO!

So bring it on guys, tease the fuck out of me. But man this sucks for me and many of my fellow ABBA fans.

Waterloo Radio is facing it's own Waterloo.
RE: Another ABBA thread for your torture.
I won't tease you, your obsession seems silly but it makes me smile.
May your life be as good as an Abba song, as good as Dancing Queen.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(May 16, 2013 at 9:55 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote: I won't tease you, your obsession seems silly but it makes me smile.
Wow, that's just plain cruel. Sure, Bryan's annoying, but I hope he has a life much better than an Abba song.
(May 16, 2013 at 9:55 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote: I won't tease you, your obsession seems silly but it makes me smile.

Which is to say... absolutely shit Wink

How about you just get yourself a music player, make an abba album, and put it on Shuffle?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Your Abba addiction also makes me smileSmile

Maybe the Waterloo ran out of money money money?

Just a guess..
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(May 16, 2013 at 7:39 pm)missluckie26 Wrote: Your Abba addiction also makes me smileSmile

Maybe the Waterloo ran out of money money money?

Just a guess..
Yea you know a mom and pop startup today like that is hard to compete with global media and mp3 players and Youtube and such.

But it was so easy to listen to, just click and listen and had EVERY SONG from every album and remakes and solo stuff and classic music remakes, good stuff. It was not like top 40 where they play the same 10 songs over and over and over. You could go a couple hours without hearing the same version or even the same song and their range of influence is bigger than non ABBA fans know.

(May 16, 2013 at 5:33 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:

Which is to say... absolutely shit Wink

How about you just get yourself a music player, make an abba album, and put it on Shuffle?

Meh I like it simple click one button do nothing. That is why I liked the station. Click and listen nothing to it.
Torture? But...I love ABBA.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
Re: Another ABBA thread for your torture.
I pove Abba. I don't understand the point of Waterloo Radio. Why not just listen to Abba songs?
(May 16, 2013 at 7:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Meh I like it simple click one button do nothing. That is why I liked the station. Click and listen nothing to it.

It took me so long to figure out that you needed a colon... so long. Longer that it usually does, I must be really tired. Punctuation > reorganization. Yay.

Anyway... it should take you 10 seconds to take your music library, search ABBA, and make an album out of everything the search lets through.

Then you click play. You can then carry it on any modern music playing device, anywhere you bleeding want to, and you don't have to worry about the radio cutting out (or losing whatever signal it needs) ever. The other advantage of this is that you can add whatever else you want to listen to in addition to ABBA, if (infact) you'd like to.

Being such a great big ABBA fanatic: surely you own everything the band (and its individuals) ever put out?

If not: either go buy that shit, or pirate the shit out of that shit.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 16, 2013 at 11:05 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:
(May 16, 2013 at 7:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Meh I like it simple click one button do nothing. That is why I liked the station. Click and listen nothing to it.

It took me so long to figure out that you needed a colon... so long. Longer that it usually does, I must be really tired. Punctuation > reorganization. Yay.

Anyway... it should take you 10 seconds to take your music library, search ABBA, and make an album out of everything the search lets through.

Then you click play. You can then carry it on any modern music playing device, anywhere you bleeding want to, and you don't have to worry about the radio cutting out (or losing whatever signal it needs) ever. The other advantage of this is that you can add whatever else you want to listen to in addition to ABBA, if (infact) you'd like to.

Being such a great big ABBA fanatic: surely you own everything the band (and its individuals) ever put out?

If not: either go buy that shit, or pirate the shit out of that shit.

I don't have a "music library" on my computer, I don't download anything. I am not that techy. I liked that station because it was one button and done. No copying CDS no downloading MP3s, that station had every song and one button got me to what was already the shuffle of music I would have had to build myself. Oh and don't ask me to program phone numbers in a cell phone either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2330 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What to get an ABBA fan for their birthday. Brian37 30 2178 September 17, 2019 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Another Gump Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 9 730 May 17, 2019 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Another Gnu Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 3 681 May 15, 2019 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Another Nug Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 4 727 May 15, 2019 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4120 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Even another all about you thread. Little lunch 17 832 September 13, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Seraphina
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2667 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Animal torture purplepurpose 17 2792 May 19, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Take another look at your initial introduction thread to this forum Foxaèr 55 8595 May 17, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet