Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from New Zealand!
Hello from New Zealand!
Hey everyone,
I'm an 18 year old uni student, always been agnostic but recently made the conversion to being a full blown atheist, never felt better and more sure of myself Smile
I live in a residential college and so I often feel marginalised for being so strongly atheist.
No one is willing to get into discussions here, and people are scared of offending or not being PC. Religious people are free to flaunt their religion, but I have to hide my beliefs.
Just wanted to hear a friendly word or two from some fellows who share my beliefs.
Thanks so much, great to be on here!
Tara
RE: Hello from New Zealand!
Welcome to AF! Sometimes the best thing about school is that one day you'll be out of there. Kinda sux, doesn't it?
Well, you found the best possible place to go and blow off some steam. Looking forward to seeing you around the site.
Cheers!Smile
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Re: Hello from New Zealand!
Hello! Welcome to the site!

I have some relatives down there in NZ :D
Order some t-shirts. They'll hate them

http://www.atheist-monkey.com/

Welcome.
Hey and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Kia ora Bro wuzzz up ? Congratulations on your conversion into the religion of atheism, when you use these words "full blown" does this signify extremism or fanaticism ?
(May 17, 2013 at 2:57 am)goodnews Wrote: Kia ora Bro wuzzz up ? Congratulations on your conversion into the religion of atheism, when you use these words "full blown" does this signify extremism or fanaticism ?

Hehehe good try! Smile
Probably more fanaticism than extremism, it's more that I'm finding this world of clever funny intelligent free thinking people and it's opening my eyes up to a lot of views and ideologies I have been pretty sheltered from Smile
Welcome to the forum, from Europe!
Kia Ora Tara Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ah hello? I don't know this is new to me FievelJ 24 2587 June 26, 2022 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1607 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello... I'm New Here ABQ505 17 1630 November 18, 2021 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello, I'm new here NecroTzar 20 2194 October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello I'm new mrunk1975 7 645 September 19, 2021 at 4:36 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1775 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hello, I'm new here. FredTheLobster 15 1546 May 10, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello, I'm New rockyrockford 22 1881 September 14, 2020 at 8:19 am
Last Post: PabloTescobar
  Hello, New atheist having a meltdown Dragonfly 58 7081 October 1, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Dragonfly
  Mostly new. Hello. Hobbitgirl 21 1870 September 27, 2018 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist