Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's high time we had a competition!
It's high time we had a competition!
We've tried to do competitions in the past, but they never really worked out, mainly because the prizes weren't that enticing. So, I propose a competition for current members of the site, as well as anyone else who wants to join in (attract some new members, etc.)

There will be three prizes:

1st place - $100 Amazon Gift Card
2nd place - $50 Amazon Gift Card
3rd place - $25 Amazon Gift Card

Now we just need an idea for a competition, bearing in mind that it needs to be something lots of people can be involved in (so nothing based on a particular skill like design). Given that this is a discussion forum, it should probably be related to discussion / writing.

Let me know what you all think, and discuss ideas for a good competition we could run!

- Tiberius
RE: It's high time we had a competition!
This should be fun to watch.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
Tib says: Here are the prizes, now you come up with the competition and then compete!

I think you should have posted this in some mod only part of the forum! Tongue
(May 18, 2013 at 6:23 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Tib says: Here are the prizes, now you come up with the competition and then compete!

I think you should have posted this in some mod only part of the forum! Tongue
Well, at the end of the day, there are only going to be three winners. If people want an easy to win competition, it's actually going to make it harder for any of them individually to win, since they will have more competition from other people.

The point of having the community design the competition is to make sure we aren't making it too hard or too specific so that only a distinct subset of the community have a chance.
good luck!
I propose a nature photo competition... no self-gardens allowed! No photoshop allowed (unless it's so good, people can't tell the difference!)
Peggle!
CREATIVE WRITING CHALLENGE because we all have some ability to write and there's a storyteller inside of all of us!
A competition on who sucks at competitions the most. Big Grin
(May 18, 2013 at 6:49 pm)Ryantology Wrote: CREATIVE WRITING CHALLENGE because we all have some ability to write and there's a storyteller inside of all of us!

I'm a writer.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 18, 2013 at 6:53 pm)Rayaan Wrote: A competition on who sucks at competitions the most. Big Grin
*TWIST*

This thread asking people to come up with an idea for the competition IS the competition!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High latency. Jehanne 24 3335 April 18, 2017 at 3:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus