Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cockeyed Understanding Of Transitional Form

Quote:If Darwinists’ claims were true, then the fossil record should contain a large number of very strange life forms with several eye sockets, noses in different places, a jaw in the back as well as in the front, and abnormally developed skulls, as pictured here. Yet no such fossil has ever been found after 150 years of research. On the contrary, all the fossils unearthed to date show that all living things have been flawless and fully formed since the moment they first came into being, and never changed so long as they existed.

[Image: 0023.jpg]

[Image: 0024.jpg]

[Image: 0025.jpg]

These images that I found them from famous creationist impostor's website are reveals their absurd understanding of transitional forms. And we so can grasp why creationists constantly asks "Show me transitional forms!".
RE: Cockeyed Understanding Of Transitional Form
I can recall that being the belief that I had, and that my then contemporaries had. For us, a genetic mutation was a fully-developed change of some kind. If it was beneficial, the organism in question thrived and his non-mutated brethren waned. Otherwise they died off because fully-functional bats wings wouldn't do much good to a human who was too heavy to lift off, and who otherwise would be burdened by them.

The lack of understanding of the fundamentals of evolution seems widespread in my experience. And it is one of the things that helps creationists cling to their dogma. If your understanding of evolution is so warped, then creation sounds like the obvious option and evolution can only be a clever distraction from Satan. How could otherwise rational beings believe it???
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Quote:The lack of understanding of the fundamentals of evolution seems widespread in my experience.

I have to think it is intentional. Creatards could not be that stupid by accident.
(May 20, 2013 at 9:53 am)Tonus Wrote: Otherwise they died off because fully-functional bats wings wouldn't do much good to a human who was too heavy to lift off, and who otherwise would be burdened by them.
I think fully-functional bat wings would probably be a neutral mutation for a human. True, they don't have much use (other than being epically cool), but they don't exactly inhibit the human or prevent it from living normally.
Anyone who has ever visited a hospital museum of a certain type can say that freaky things do get born and mostly end up in large pickle jars for people to marvel and feel queasy at.

But sometimes they live.

And you must give kudos to these two or one or whatever you call them/her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzK6iz6uVs

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I love the one with four spines. That's awesome.

Regardless, I will believe in evolution when a cat gives birth to a dog.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 20, 2013 at 12:11 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(May 20, 2013 at 9:53 am)Tonus Wrote: Otherwise they died off because fully-functional bats wings wouldn't do much good to a human who was too heavy to lift off, and who otherwise would be burdened by them.
I think fully-functional bat wings would probably be a neutral mutation for a human. True, they don't have much use (other than being epically cool), but they don't exactly inhibit the human or prevent it from living normally.

I'm hesitant, given that you've included the term "fully-functional" to describe a mutation which is not functional, and certainly not functional for flight. However, the most probable mutation resulting in bat-like wings would be similar to syndactyly of the feet or hands. Not only would such a mutation be somewhat dysfunctional, it would make it extremely hard to get a date on a Saturday night.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I meant fully-functional in that they could extend and even be flapped. You're right, though. If they're not functional for flight, they can't properly be described as fully-functional.

I don't agree that they'd necessarily be a neutral mutation. On the positive side, maybe chicks would dig guys with bat wings growing out of their upper back. On the other side, it's additional body mass that would have to be maintained and which would slow the person down when running from a sabre-toothed tiger (who might just be "in a mood for some wings").
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(May 20, 2013 at 2:09 pm)apophenia Wrote: However, the most probable mutation resulting in bat-like wings would be similar to syndactyly of the feet or hands. Not only would such a mutation be somewhat dysfunctional, it would make it extremely hard to get a date on a Saturday night.
Hey! I have that on my feet... Still got laid, married, kids, the whole shebang!

And I think "normal" feet are weird! Tongue
I would think that the split between the human and bat lineage would have occurred before the development of wings so I doubt that it is possible at all.
If they had shared a lineage after that then I think genetically it would have been a possibility.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitional Forms/Fossils QuackeryDetection 15 1787 November 12, 2022 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Fossil provides new understanding of bird evolution Foxaèr 10 920 June 30, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: oldpollock
  Everyone's favorite life form vorlon13 7 861 January 5, 2017 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  AF's very own list of Transitional Fossils Duke Guilmon 21 10503 December 3, 2014 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Hows this for an itermediate form? Baalzebutt 2 989 March 4, 2013 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt
  Transitional fossils FallentoReason 28 16752 May 7, 2012 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Jovian