Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Concept
A New Concept
#1. My only religion is honest communication

#2. If people don't understand something they hear, they create a religion about it.

#3. The word of God never tells anyone to seek a religion.

#4. The word of God is about a way of life.

I have a new concept of the Bible, and would like to post it here.
My name is prone2
RE: A New Concept
I agree with your 4 points, religion is vile and corrupt,
What is your new concept?
(May 22, 2013 at 10:30 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: What is your new concept?

Well, if we use a literal interpretation, it's "my name is prone2."

It's definitely a new concept to me.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(May 22, 2013 at 10:30 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: What is your new concept?
Hopefully it involves matches.
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
I'm rather concerned because I'm not sure to what you are prone.
Can you be more precise ?
Um, hi! But if your religion is honest communication and you don't trust religions.. Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Anyhoo, welcome to AF!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hi, prone2! Come in out of the dry and wet yourself by this tap!
[/Spike_Milligoon]

Let me guess: this new concept thing - it's going to be something to do with having a personal relationship with "God", isn't it?

Because if it is, we've never heard that one before.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New New New Quid 23 4835 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman