Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsanto Has Been Removed And Banned By:
Lightbulb 
Monsanto Has Been Removed And Banned By:
Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Madeira, New Zealand, Peru, South Australia, Russia, France, and Switzerland!

http://politicalvelcraft.org/2013/03/23/...itzerland/

[Image: 268844_465017220247387_1154970292_n.jpg]
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: Monsanto Has Been Removed And Banned By:
I wonder why they put Madeira there, but not Portugal...
Madeira is just an island that belongs to Portugal.
Anti-GMO? Not all genetically modified organisms are bad. Golden rice, just saying..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

To think that I thought this was about soybean farmers... Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Really? You're linking to an article which quotes NaturalNews positively in the first paragraph?

Also: "Waco Tecas Fertiliser Company Hit By Drone/Lazer Strike After Lawsuit Filed Against Monsanto"

Are you a conspiritard, or are you just very lax at checking your sources?
How do you define natural? sounds like alot of this article is dissing ALL GMOs and then talking about pesticides. wtf?
Not to mention that ALL food is genetically modified. The reason all current vegetables and fruits look the way they do is because they were genetically modified over thousands of years by animals (including humans) interacting with specific traits. More-so with humans as we actively choose larger more plentiful plants. Most scientifically genetically modified plants do not even have DNA from other species added to them, a single trait already present in the parent's DNA is usually multiplied. This is the same thing which occurs from humans selecting a certain trait to become expressed more.

Everything is 'natural'. Natural is basically meaningless; it is a buzzword.
I would like to see any valid, scientific evidence that GM food is harmful in any way and isn't just scaremongering by the "natural food" crowd.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(June 12, 2013 at 5:43 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I would like to see any valid, scientific evidence that GM food is harmful in any way and isn't just scaremongering by the "natural food" crowd.

My favorite argument for why you shouldn't eat GMO is because they use viruses to put DNA sequences into the host DNA and this is unnatural and must be tested so that it doesn't harm you. This is funny because 8% of our entire genome is comprised of viral DNA.

I mean sure, if a peanut gene is put into a plant then it would make sense that that plant be treated with the same regulations as peanuts just in case an allergen is transferred. But that does not mean that all transgenic organisms are unsafe.

It is also very fun explaining how 'organic' food is genetically modified, lol.
I mean, I'm open to believing that GM foods are harmful if there's actual evidence for it, but so far I'm on the fence because most of the anti-GM food claims seem to be hysterical fear-mongering and "what if?" scenarios.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "The first person to live to [200, 300, 500, 1000] has already been born" Heat 218 17460 December 14, 2015 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  We've been using tools longer than we thought... Creed of Heresy 6 2865 December 18, 2013 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rinderpest has been eliminated! Justtristo 8 1932 July 1, 2011 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Epimethean