Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Francis says atheists can be good
Wink 
Pope Francis says atheists can be good
[Image: FUjYp1u.jpg]

Cool Shades
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: Pope Francis says atheists can be good
It's good he's telling Catholics this, they need to know.
Well, it took them almost 2000 years to realize the obvious Big Grin
Good thing most of the US christians don't follow Catholicism... otherwise they would have a damn hard time reconciling this with "atheists are devil worshipers".
Call me cynical, but nothing indicates to me that this is anything more than a PR attempt to soften the Catholic church's intolerant image.

Actions speak louder than words.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
They'll run this fucker right out of the vatican.
(May 23, 2013 at 11:07 am)Faith No More Wrote: Call me cynical, but nothing indicates to me that this is anything more than a PR attempt to soften the Catholic church's intolerant image.

Actions speak louder than words.
Good point - there was a similar attempt at PR improvement about the Catholic Church taking a tougher stance on the whole priests molesting children thing. Nothing came off it.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2013/0424...e-and-more
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
And catholic pedophile priests should be seen as the criminals they are.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Now my existence has been validated by the Pedo-infested, world-wide global crime organization that is the Catholic Church, my life is complete!

Praise the FSM and pass the linguine.
Now now, don't you atheists and anti-theists get yourselves all flushed with thrills of excitement, do you not yet know that catholics are de facto pagan polytheists .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you kiss Pope's ring? Fake Messiah 30 810 July 29, 2022 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Pope Francis to channel the dead mother of Jesus. Jehanne 3 260 March 22, 2022 at 4:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
Heart American Gods & The Young Pope AnubisBarba 4 395 March 25, 2020 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1527 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Who says drunk girls in a club aren't fun brewer 30 4915 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A Letter to Pope Francis (signatures needed) Catholic_Lady 40 3691 September 7, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  You die one day and you reach the heavenly gates, God says to you, " ErGingerbreadMandude 39 9081 June 16, 2017 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Is it Good to Complain When there's Really Nothing that can be Done? Rhondazvous 17 4888 May 25, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Well, the pope came to Portugal LastPoet 15 2608 May 16, 2017 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Birthday gift for someone who says they don't want a present. paulpablo 26 4025 April 26, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist