Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi I'm New
Hi I'm New
My name is gitonga i'm 17 and i'm from kenya. I like philosophy and im christian. i just came here to learn more about other religions and atheism as well as agnosticism... i wonder if there are any totemists and animists on this forum as i'd like to learn more about them.
RE: Hi I'm New

Welcome, gitonga.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Welcome
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^

Kenya, eh? That's awesome! I think you are the first African to be aboard (or have I forgotten someone..?) Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, gitonga! I have a lot of friends who were born in refugee camps in Kenya, but they're all Muslims, though I've noted some remnants of animistic beliefs among them. Kenya took on over half a million refugees, in trying circumstances.
Welcome again.

I think you may be looking for Aborigines, Native Indians/ Inuits and Wiccans. Try those in google for more information on animism and totemism
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Aren't most African tribes animists? IDK.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(May 24, 2013 at 9:41 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^

Kenya, eh? That's awesome! I think you are the first African to be aboard (or have I forgotten someone..?) Smile

Used to have a few. The ones I remember haven't been here in several years, and were from South Africa. (Or at least: lived in South Africa)

(May 24, 2013 at 7:24 am)gitonga Wrote: My name is gitonga i'm 17 and i'm from kenya. I like philosophy and im christian.

Welcome, Gitonga Smile I utterly despise philosophy... but I just can't seem to get away from it. Wonder why that is Thinking

Quote:i just came here to learn more about other religions and atheism as well as agnosticism... i wonder if there are any totemists and animists on this forum as i'd like to learn more about them.

Minds interested in learning are my favorite Tiger

Few animists, fewer totemists. Doesn't mean you can't learn more about them, though... plenty of natives in Alaska, bootlegging booze and killing whales Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome aboard - don't listen to anything the hooker who posted before me has to say, she's a horrible mid (but an okay top- so long as I'm bottom).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome.

(May 24, 2013 at 4:56 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: I utterly despise philosophy... but I just can't seem to get away from it. Wonder why that is Thinking

That's funny.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New New New Quid 23 4810 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman