Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic violence directed against men more common now in Germany
Domestic violence directed against men more common now in Germany
So more men are now being victims of domestic violence by their partners in Germany than women.
I havent yet met such a woman.

Kind of shocked me, when I read of this. It is a really interesting social development.

(article in German):

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gesellsch...02153.html
Re: Domestic violence directed against men more common now in Germany
How awful. It's probably the same over here in the UK. Just on TV, if a man hits a woman it's always (quite rightly) a shocking moment of domestic abuse, but when a woman hitsa man it's always either a comical slap in the face for looking at another woman, or a "deserved" whack in the face for cheating, and that's disturbing. It's not okay for anyone to hit anyone, regardless of gender, age, height or whatever.
RE: Domestic violence directed against men more common now in Germany
(May 28, 2013 at 10:39 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: How awful. It's probably the same over here in the UK. Just on TV, if a man hits a woman it's always (quite rightly) a shocking moment of domestic abuse, but when a woman hitsa man it's always either a comical slap in the face for looking at another woman, or a "deserved" whack in the face for cheating, and that's disturbing. It's not okay for anyone to hit anyone, regardless of gender, age, height or whatever.

a rather silly contemporary moral stance.

that said, i don't condone violence on anybody. it's immoral imo.
Welcome back germans :3
Nemo me impune lacessit.
They were asking for it.
TGAC is back? I thought he died. A pityIt's good to see you're still kicking Big Grin

And yes, women have as much capacity as men to abuse another, and what they might want for in physical strength, they make up for in spades in social strength... that's to say: the social repercussions for a woman's behavior being significantly lighter and having a heavier bar to register entry enables them inflict a larger degree of abuses upon a man. While a man might be jailed for one punch, even if tis in retaliation... a woman often need not fear jail for many punches, especially if tis to a man in a relationship with her.

Sooner we get away from telling men to deal with their shit, and support them as we do women... sooner physically abusive women will receive restraining orders Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome back TGAC Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(May 28, 2013 at 11:27 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: They were asking for it.

of course. who says violence is wrong? lol..

(May 29, 2013 at 4:40 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: TGAC is back? I thought he died. A pityIt's good to see you're still kicking Big Grin

And yes, women have as much capacity as men to abuse another, and what they might want for in physical strength, they make up for in spades in social strength... that's to say: the social repercussions for a woman's behavior being significantly lighter and having a heavier bar to register entry enables them inflict a larger degree of abuses upon a man. While a man might be jailed for one punch, even if tis in retaliation... a woman often need not fear jail for many punches, especially if tis to a man in a relationship with her.

Sooner we get away from telling men to deal with their shit, and support them as we do women... sooner physically abusive women will receive restraining orders Smile

hmm.. this is proof that self-interest is the primary human motivation, given you ostensible gender.

sorry, but to me rule of law is an immoral concept as you cite.
(May 29, 2013 at 8:20 am)dazzn Wrote: of course. who says violence is wrong? lol.
Of course, so you'll have no objection to me setting you on fire, right? You'd be cool with that, yeah?
I set fire to a dead cow! I just call it steak!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When is political violence justified? FrustratedFool 54 2828 September 8, 2023 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Men are robbers Interaktive 11 1516 November 10, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1385 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Violence, what violence? Spongebob 2 601 January 3, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Most British voters support violence on brexit downbeatplumb 17 1374 October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress LadyForCamus 61 6335 January 26, 2019 at 5:49 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 667 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4331 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1219 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Black men kneeling Foxaèr 18 2548 May 26, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet