Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New transfer over from the .com
New transfer over from the .com
Hi, folks. I posted by the same moniker over at atheistforums.com . TBH, some of the social interaction over there frustrates me, so maybe this site will give me more of whatever it is I am looking for. But I do already miss some of the .commers.

Long story short, I'm just in need of an atheist community.

I'm a 37 year old male from San Diego. I was first raised in a YMCA church (not even sure which denomination that would be. I was a little kid. My babysitters took me). Around age 10, I joined my local Unitarian Universalist church, but around age 23, I fell out with that religion.

I'm a political Independent, and enjoy watching college sports, especially soccer (and pro soccer as well, including MLS, NWSL, and fleetingly some other leagues). Speaking of soccer, I am watching USA/Belgium men right now.

Not sure what else to say, but hello!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: New transfer over from the .com
Howdy!! Welcome to the forums!
Welcome friend! Where's your Cessna?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(May 29, 2013 at 8:38 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Welcome friend! Where's your Cessna?

Thanks!

Hey there, pappy. I need to dig another one up. I did actually have a 172 as my av very early on over at .com My last one was that khao manee (blue-green odd-eyed cat).

Brain's a bit fried today, but tomorrow I'll put something up.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Welcome!
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^

And on the behalf of all Europeans on this board, it's football, not soccer Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:But I do already miss some of the .commers.

Quite a few of us commute but this place is home.

Welcome
Never again.
(May 29, 2013 at 8:44 pm)c172 Wrote: Hey there, pappy. I need to dig another one up. I did actually have a 172 as my av very early on over at .com My last one was that khao manee (blue-green odd-eyed cat).

Welcome from a newbie, I've jumped from 172's. I do love aircaft through, must be fantastic to own one.
Is AF.com down at the moment? I can't access the site.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New New New Quid 23 4762 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman