Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ReasonableRuben
ReasonableRuben
Hi, everyone. I'm Ruben. I'm a Christian theist and I enjoy discussing philosophy. My main goal is to understand atheism and atheists more through taking part in substantive and irenic discourse with you all. Smile
RE: ReasonableRuben
Good luck with that irenic part!
And welcome!

Understanding atheists is really simple: we do no accept any account that any god is a part of reality.... unless you have some tangible evidence for this thing you call god.
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 30, 2013 at 10:15 am)pocaracas Wrote: Good luck with that irenic part!
And welcome!

They begged my not to come here; said it was impossible. But alas, I am here. Tongue

Thank you, btw'.
"I know what you are thinking about,' said Tweedledum: 'but it isn't so, nohow.'

'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." ~Tweedledum and Tweedledee discussing the finer points of logic
They?
Hello Ruben Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Who's Irene and what is her method of discourse?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 30, 2013 at 10:48 am)pocaracas Wrote: They?

A stereotypical, fictitious group of stupid Christians who I imagine would give me advice along the lines of "Don't go talkin' to them athe... aherm... pawns of Satan!"(in the voice of Mater from "Cars," mind you)

"They" are nothing to worry about. Wink
"I know what you are thinking about,' said Tweedledum: 'but it isn't so, nohow.'

'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic." ~Tweedledum and Tweedledee discussing the finer points of logic
Hello.

[Image: 247369.jpg]

I doubt we are going to get along.
(May 30, 2013 at 11:14 am)Minimalist Wrote: I doubt we are going to get along.

[Image: 38254853.jpg]

(May 30, 2013 at 11:13 am)c172 Wrote: Who's Irene and what is her method of discourse?

I see what you did there. Wink